cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Border/passport issue

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
I have a post in General..that is titled Passport given to...??

It might be prudent to make yourselves aware of what 'could' and really did, happen. And in the telling...there is nothing I could have done to prevent the incident from happening. Skip to page 4 to my latest, for a short version.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
8 REPLIES 8

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe he's a doctor.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Just read the entire post. Gary, I must say, you have much more patients than I ever would. I would have been crying, throwing a fit, and acting like a fool,.. probably. I've traveled international, Europe, Middle East, Asia, Canada, and Mexico, and in my opinion, that passport is more important than money. I would have been ecstatic and probably hauled off to a loony-bin. Coodo's to your level headedness and understanding. And glad everything worked out for you.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
MDKMDK wrote:
garyhaupt wrote:

Where exactly is this post? I searched the forum for those keywords and found nothing except this post.
Did you mean your blog? Couldn't find a "General" tab or folder.
Pardon my inability to locate the post.

It was called - US Border agent gave my passport to.....??

Got it, thanks. Also 2oldman, good trick. Thanks.

That's a good one. I cross about once a week, but we have trusted traveller access, no passports. We never carry anything declarable into the US, only report purchases etc. at CBSA on our return.
They sometimes swipe our cards through the machine in the kiosk, probably the equivalent of a passport stamp, and sometimes just wave us through, "have a nice day".
"Border crossings are like a box of chocolates...."
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
From what I recall, because of a "fruit" flag from the crossing the day before, we were also held for agriculture. The agent kept our passports, but I saw him hand them to another agent before I drove forward, and she was the one we met at agriculture- definitely a process gap here, but seems like the honest mistake was handled magnanimously by you. Kudos for setting a good example!
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
Where exactly is this post? I searched the forum for those keywords and found nothing except this post..
Click on username above left. click view posts
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

naturist
Nomad
Nomad

MDKMDK wrote:
garyhaupt wrote:

Where exactly is this post? I searched the forum for those keywords and found nothing except this post.

It was called - US Border agent gave my passport to.....??
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
garyhaupt wrote:

Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)