cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting to Liberty Harbor

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at the directions on their website they say it is best when coming from the west to:

"Take I-78 East towards Newark, NJ. Take I-78 Express lane East towards I-95/New Jersey Turnpike. I-78 Express Lane East becomes I-78. Take exit towards Jersey City/Columbus Drive. Take slight right onto Christopher Columbus Drive. Take slight right onto Marin Blvd. Destination is on the right. "

Looking at Google maps - we'll be coming in on 280 - it looks like we can just keep going straight and it turns into 7, then 139, then 12th St. where we can turn right on Marin Blvd. Also shows that route doesn't have tolls.

What do you think? Should we just do that or go south on I-95 from 280 to get to I-78 East and follow their directions?

We want to go the least stressful way...

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics
3 REPLIES 3

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks very much for the replies!

Looks like we'll go in on I-78 - definitely want to skip the gnarly stuff. 🙂

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Lumpty
Explorer
Explorer
Take 280 to the Turnpike South to the Newark Bay extension which is the route Liberty Park provides, or since I assume you're getting on 280 from 80 east, exit at 287 south, and about 2 or 3 miles later get on Route 24 freeway east. This connects to 78 east, and most times of the day is easier than 280. Avoid the Route 7 to 139 option. Old gnarly part of Jersey City, with major road construction occurring there too.
Rob

Too Many Toys.
- '11 E450 Sunseeker 2300
- '16 F150 Supercrew 5.0/FX4
- '09 C6 Z51
- '15 VW Golf Sportwagen daily driver
- '86 Civic and '87 CRX race cars

Terry_25
Explorer
Explorer
We've been to Liberty Harbor a half dozen times but always from the South on I78 which also ends at 12th St. Take the right on Marin and you'll be fine. When you see the entrance to the Holland Tunnel make sure you're in the right lane. Enjoy.
2016 F-250 Gas
2015 Rockwood 2608WS