Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: February Camping From Long Island?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> February Camping From Long Island?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Busskipper

Arnold,Md/Superior, CO

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/19 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

schlep1967 wrote:

5 hours puts you in Ocean City, MD or Washington, DC. Neither place will have much going on in February. Better bet would be a cruise out of NYC.

Funny - I was going to make those two Suggestions - maybe add Rehoboth Beach - all are Fun and Have a LOT GOING ON.

DC is never boring - in a lifetime of living near and visiting often we still go and still enjoy and Discover.

The Beach has become a year round destination - lot fewer people but you will still likely need reservations to get a Campsite - I'd look at Indian River Inlet in Delaware - right across from the Beach and close to both Rehobothe and OC - [emoticon]

We all see things differently - if you want to go go go DC might work if you want to sit back relax and maybe catch a good meal the Beach would work.

Best of luck, let us know what you decide.

Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
MDX-FMCA--M&G Brake
States traveled in this Coach

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 09/27/19 09:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Busskipper wrote:

schlep1967 wrote:

5 hours puts you in Ocean City, MD or Washington, DC. Neither place will have much going on in February. Better bet would be a cruise out of NYC.

Funny - I was going to make those two Suggestions - maybe add Rehoboth Beach - all are Fun and Have a LOT GOING ON.

DC is never boring - in a lifetime of living near and visiting often we still go and still enjoy and Discover.

The Beach has become a year round destination - lot fewer people but you will still likely need reservations to get a Campsite - I'd look at Indian River Inlet in Delaware - right across from the Beach and close to both Rehobothe and OC - [emoticon]

We all see things differently - if you want to go go go DC might work if you want to sit back relax and maybe catch a good meal the Beach would work.

Best of luck, let us know what you decide.

I don't think you'll need a reservation in February. February is still very much winter in the Delmarva. Going to the Delmarva beaches is not my idea of fun in Feb. lots of attractions are closed
The DC attractions still go on but most of those are indoors anyway.
Spend a few more hours driving and the OP can make it to luke warm temps.

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/28/19 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With kids in 5th and 7th grade, your gonna need to get to warmer weather for them to be able to do a lot outside... Like stated above, I spend 4 or 5 trips a year to the Delmarva beaches and would NOT want to be there in Feb. Most if not all attractions will be closed, and the cold wind will be whipping up any boardwalk...

If it were me, I would tough it out a few more hours and make it to DC for indoor stuff...

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet

RGar974417

Robesonia,Pa 19551

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/19 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Virginia has several state parks open year round. Four parks with developed campgrounds have full service camping available. Visit Shenandoah River, Douthat, Hungry Mother and Pocohantas. We stayed at the Shenandoah River and Pocohantas. Both are nice and both have hookups.We stayed at the first one over Christmas one year.

solismaris

Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are very few campgrounds open in the Northeast in Nov-Mar, but they do exist. I don't necessarily recommend camping in such cold weather but there are places to do so if you are determined.

As somebody who does enjoy the challenge (and lack of crowds) of off-season camping, it REALLY REALLY REALLY bugs me that campgrounds don't generally list their seasons anywhere on the websites. So I have to call dozens of campgrounds to find one. I complain to them about this and they generally respond with something really lame like "It's not the same date every year so we won't do that".

David Kojen

camperfamily

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 08:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The already mentioned Otter Lake just into PA off I-80. Indoor pool, sauna, hot tubs. Not sure what else is open during the winter. http://www.otterlake.com

2011 Cougar 322QBS
2007 Pilgrim 278BHSS (Sold)
2013 F350 CC LB 6.7
2002 F350 CC LB PS (Retired)
B&W Companion Hitch

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> February Camping From Long Island?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS