cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

KOA, Cody, WY

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Spent two nights at the Cody KOA last weekend. Tried to save a few bucks by getting a "regular" site instead of the "Deluxe" site. I won't do that again! Some of the "regular" sites looked to be OK, but the one we got was not even close to level, and the sewer connection was too far away. Since I did not want to buy another hose, when it came time to leave I had to back up the coach to dump the tanks. It appeared the "deluxe" sites were somewhat better; closer to level, and longer. Still have to park carefully to ensure the hose(s) will reach, but doable.
Other than those two minor annoyances, it was a great place. Very nice little store, loaded with "touristy" stuff. Since it was near the end of the season, all that stuff was 50% off, some at 75% off! Friendly staff, military discount (as retired military, that is important).
I allowed my KOA card to expire, and for a short term stay didn't renew it. Renewal is now $30, and the savings for 2 nights at the end of the season wouldn't be worth it. Perhaps next year...
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"
9 REPLIES 9

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Worst ever for us was North Little Rock KOA.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

donut_dave
Explorer
Explorer
plus if you are only there for a day or two they will stick you way up front near the highway and jam you in like a sardine. fortunately we had 'nice' neighbors.

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
I agree, I try to avoid KOA, we just returned from a 16 day, 2500 mile round trip. Stayed at 2 KOA camps and they were the highest priced we encountered with only fair camp sites. One would have been OK except I had to raise the front wheels off the ground to get level.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
I've never seen a KOA that could compete with other CGs in the area on price, even after their "discount". But I don't travel with kids and others obviously put a price on KOA's "amenities".

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
We do not use KOA unless there is nothing else available. Have been treated badly twice in Cherokee ("we are really sorry, it was an exchange student working the summer - come on back") We did and they put us in an almost swamp. Rained and we were sitting in a huge puddle.
On the road we got stuck beside a dog kennel and barking was BAD. I know these are all franchise operations and each CG is different, but I continue to encourage people to stay away from KOA Cherokee NC
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Some KOAs need to get real with their prices and what they are offering.

Applies to ALL campgrounds, chain or private.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

longdrive
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:

It does depend on what kind of KOA your staying at.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Absaroka Bay RV park in Cody... All sites were pull thru and level and FU.

We paid 40 or 41 a nite in 2015. I thought the KOA was like 20 bucks more per nite...but that was 2015.