cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mintance Free Deep Cycle

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
CW in Oklahoma City had Hawk, I think brand maintance Free 6 volt Deep Cells to repaalce T105s for 711.00 for four, I believe was the price.
Anyone had experience with them?
8 REPLIES 8

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
They are manufactured at the Rida Manufacturing Plant in India.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Been perusing the Internet and have not found the Hawk Deep Cycle Battery or who makes them.
Perhaps I have the name wrong but it had hawk in it.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer

Be aware of who manufactured the batteries and WHEN

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
JimK-NY wrote:
So you want to buy really cheap batteries and then ask if they will last and perform well?

What is cheap about this ?
Quote: 711.00 for four, I believe was the price.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
After 40 years in RV service, There is NO SUCH THING as a Maintenance free Deep Cycle Lead Acid battery. They may sell them, but they rarely live up to the claim. Now, Gel or AGM, that is a different story. Notice I stated DEEP CYCLE, not Auto type batteries. Doug

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
So you want to buy really cheap batteries and then ask if they will last and perform well?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I would be cautious about 3 cell maintenance-free batteries

Something too good to be true inevitably turns out to be too bad to endure

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Find out what chemistry they are. i.e. AGM? GEL? Sealed Flooded?

of those 3 I would only use AGM.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.