cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big bear Ca - Holloways RV park and Marina

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
This weekend we stayed at Holloway’s rv park and marina up in Big bear. It’s a great CG with full hooks ups right on the water with boat, kayak and SUP. Rentals. The sites are a tight squeeze if we had campers in front of us they definitely would have had to move their vehicle. All in all it was a great place and we enjoyed our stay.

First time up here and our GPS took us through HWY 18 :E

Camp all setup

Marina - if you want to Launch a kayak or paddle board it has to be inspected for quagga mussel so make sure it’s bone dry, you also need to pay for a permit to use it in the lake the gal at the Marina said it was $20 a day. Although I brought my board I never used so not sure how much it cost. Also the gal said you technically can’t launch your kayak or sup at their marina which I don’t understand why, she pointed to a dock on the left and said people launch there and they just look the other way.

This is the dock the gal said to launch my board if I wanted to,. to
Left is the main rental office, not sure why I didn’t get it in my pics. Anyways if your an avid paddler maybe this CG won’t work out for you.

This trip we hit up all the thrift and antique shops in town - we all had fun and scored some Goodies.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
5 REPLIES 5

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
eDUBz wrote:
fx2tom wrote:
The Federal campground is across the highway from the water but is very well kept. I think it's called Serrano. We were able to walk over to the water.

Thanks! I’ll have to look it up.

Yep, that's the one I stayed in, had electrical and water too!
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
fx2tom wrote:
The Federal campground is across the highway from the water but is very well kept. I think it's called Serrano. We were able to walk over to the water.

Thanks! I’ll have to look it up.

fx2tom
Explorer
Explorer
2002 Ford F250 Lariat 7.3l 4x4 CCSB
2007 Forest River Sierra Sport M-26FBSP

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
I stayed at the FS campground across the road, wondered what this one was like. Thanks for the writeup.

Do you know of any other CG up there that are close to the water ?

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed at the FS campground across the road, wondered what this one was like. Thanks for the writeup.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX