Explorer
X 3 on the Chevy chassis, mine handles great.......Bruce
  • Bruce & Sandy
  • 07 Scepter 42PDQ SOLD
  • 2018 Coachmen Leprechaun 26DS Chevy

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Having owned all 3, I prefer the Sprinter and Express van rides and handling to the Ford.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or you could look for one on a Chevy Chassis

There you would get better handling and comfort than a Ford, more drivers compartment room than a Ford.

At a much lesser cost than one on a Mercedes diesel and as for service and parts the Ford or Chevy based RV will cost you much less and be more available.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a older sprinter 2007 and it has seat belts at the table and the couch. they have way more leg room in the drivers seat. and I can go from coach to drivers seat with ease . I,m 6ft 1in and 230 #. and it handles just fine. drive one before you make your buy, all so gets twice the mpg.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What are the payload numbers on these two?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
The Sprinter normally handles better, but a any of the 24+ Sprinter coaches, especially the full-slide models, may be close to GVWR empty. In this case, an E450 may handle better. Enojoyable to drive is subjective. The E350 is more truck-like, but has way more power, far bigger brakes, and a smarter transmission. The Sprinter is more car-like, and also has a roomier cab.

BTW - those 24+ Sprinter coaches only have 2 seatbelts, because they don't have enough payload for more occupants.

I suggest driving both, and checking the yellow factory weights and CCC sticker on any unit you are interested in.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST