Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 2 Lake Wenatchee * Leavenworth * RR Power Station * Golf

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
VIDEO: Camping - Leavenworth - Fish Dam - Railroad Power Station - Golfing
This is the second video taking my Nephew camping around Lake Wenatchee. He had never seen Leavenworth, WA, a Bavarian Themed Tourist Trap. We then went sight seeing to an old dam build in 1903 for the Great Northern RR Electric Locomotives traveling through the old 3 mile Stevens Pass Tunnel until 1929. The power generators are long gone but the dam remains and a newer fish ladder and research facility occupy the location now. After that, I take to Kahler Glen for 9 holes of golf. After that, we return to camp and cook steaks and potatoes in the campfire. Iron Truck Camper Chef Challenge Feeding My Nephew Breakfast And Dinner
We had a great time and you can see there are lots of activities around Lake Wenatchee.
12 REPLIES 12

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Bedlam wrote:
I have to get my fill of Jägerschnitzel, Spätzle and Rot Kohl.

King Ludwig's I presume...

Bedlam
I have to get my fill of Jägerschnitzel, Spätzle and Rot Kohl.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

realter
Explorer
Explorer
We also spent a couple days in Leavenworth. Too touristy for me. Back at I90, poor signs and we headed west rather than east on I90. At the 1stexit, there was a large building—Fruit and Antiques. Bought some delicious cherries. Was the highlight of the trip.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
hotjag1 wrote:
Thanks Camper Jeff and Kelli...the drive through Tumwater canyon was colorful with orange, yellow, red, and green leaves. We may drive through Chumstick to see more of what you have seen.
Hope you get good fishing at Hood River.

I was wondering later if Tumwater Canyon is Highway 2 or the Valley the Chumstick Highway is in. Either road equals enjoyment.
I'm actually working putting up a steel frame building but we will go 17 miles to some decent fishing at Goose Lake.
Enjoy your trip.

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks Camper Jeff and Kelli...the drive through Tumwater canyon was colorful with orange, yellow, red, and green leaves. We may drive through Chumstick to see more of what you have seen.
Hope you get good fishing at Hood River.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
hotjag1 wrote:
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:
hotjag1 wrote:
Looks like you had a good time. We also like Leavenworth and the Lake Wenatchee area. We are heading up there on Monday as we like to wait until the week-enders are gone. We also like the Nason Creek campground. There are several campsites right on the river and we get half price with our senior pass.

You're going to Lake Wenatchee but your profile says Lake Chelan. They do each have their features. Must be 40 years since I last played golf in Chelan. Have yourself a great weekend. I'm heading to near Hood River at Trout Lake, WA. To work but also get some great fishing in. Take care...

We spend the summers at Lake Chelan but we like a change of scenery every so often and the fall colors should be on display going through Tumwater canyon now, so Lake Wenatchee will be a nice change for us.

Colors were nice. The Old Chumstick Highway was colorful too, worthy of a drive as is driving out to the end of pavement on thr Old Wenatchee Highway on the North side of the lake. Enjoy your trip.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
We have spent summer weekends at our Lake Wenatchee cabin since 1959 to 1994 and it is a beautiful lake or like the Bearing sea at times so now should be an awesome for camping in an RV.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli wrote:
hotjag1 wrote:
Looks like you had a good time. We also like Leavenworth and the Lake Wenatchee area. We are heading up there on Monday as we like to wait until the week-enders are gone. We also like the Nason Creek campground. There are several campsites right on the river and we get half price with our senior pass.

You're going to Lake Wenatchee but your profile says Lake Chelan. They do each have their features. Must be 40 years since I last played golf in Chelan. Have yourself a great weekend. I'm heading to near Hood River at Trout Lake, WA. To work but also get some great fishing in. Take care...

We spend the summers at Lake Chelan but we like a change of scenery every so often and the fall colors should be on display going through Tumwater canyon now, so Lake Wenatchee will be a nice change for us.
hotjag1

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful area, although I prefer lakes where I can swim.
We catch cancellation at Alpine View Park in Leavenworth this July, but they are book till January, so if you go there - make your reservation early.

Bedlam
In less than three weeks, we will be in that area too. This weekend we "dry camped" for half and "wet camped" for the the remainder - The seasons are changing.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
hotjag1 wrote:

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
hotjag1

2000 24' Dynamax Isata