cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sioux tools? $500 for a NOS 3/8" electric drill?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Hard to believe. Is Sioux still in business? Even more fantastic is the price of a genuine Jacobs chuck. The angle drill is small but at full power it'll try and rip my arm off. Forgot how good genuine made in USA stuff is.

Was sitting in an office chair and the next thing I knew I was on the other side of the island workbench.

Does somone make electrical knockout 1/4" punches?
Or rectangular switch punches anymore?
14 REPLIES 14

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Deleted, double post.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
burningman wrote:
Harbor Freight sells a lot of junk but if you shop carefully some deals can be found.
Their impact socket set is pretty good stuff. I have friends who use them commercially and they hold up. Mine sure do. Theyโ€™re also a good place to get tools you just need to get one job done.
Example, I needed a sliding miter saw to do a floor... theirs is like half the price of a DeWalt or other good one. I didnโ€™t need super accuracy. And it had a no-questions warranty, bring it back to the store and they hand over a new one.
So I did my floor, took it back and traded for a new-in-the-box one which I sold on craigslist.

For cordless stuff I go Milwaukee because they have the widest range of tools for their batteries.
"So I did my floor, took it back and traded for a new-in-the-box one which I sold on craigslist."

I'd like to think I'd have more self-respect than to post that. At least I know where to find your picture: in the dictionary under "Sleazy".

On reflection I think this must be a joke, nobody would admit to doing that. I guess I really bit on this one.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Deleted...double post.

This issue with the forum makes correcting a post in a thread a bit problematical.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
Harbor Freight sells a lot of junk but if you shop carefully some deals can be found.
Their impact socket set is pretty good stuff. I have friends who use them commercially and they hold up. Mine sure do. Theyโ€™re also a good place to get tools you just need to get one job done.
Example, I needed a sliding miter saw to do a floor... theirs is like half the price of a DeWalt or other good one. I didnโ€™t need super accuracy. And it had a no-questions warranty, bring it back to the store and they hand over a new one.
So I did my floor, took it back and traded for a new-in-the-box one which I sold on craigslist.

For cordless stuff I go Milwaukee because they have the widest range of tools for their batteries.
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
I do not trust HF electrical tools, period. I had their 1/2" cordless and it was weak, very weak, and died early. My Dewalt 20V will twist your arm off as will my Hitachi 3/8 and Bosch 1/2 corded drills. You get what you pay for, within reason which does not include $350 drill motors.

X 4 !!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

I believe the company is Greenlee they make an assortment of punches The kind where you drill a pilot hole. Put half the punch on each side and run the nut or bolt down to punch.

Greenlee corporate site

Grainger carries them too.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Would a Whitney punch work?

http://www.siouxtools.com/who-we-are Looks like Sioux still exists. Now part of Snap-On
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Neither did I -- It was a gift. Looks brand new. STRONGER than my corded 1/2" Chinese DeWalt or corded Bosch 1-1/8 SMS Bosch.

Sioux, I guess bit the bullet.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I do not trust HF electrical tools, period. I had their 1/2" cordless and it was weak, very weak, and died early. My Dewalt 20V will twist your arm off as will my Hitachi 3/8 and Bosch 1/2 corded drills. You get what you pay for, within reason which does not include $350 drill motors.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
MEE TWO

I've got harbor freight drill #4

• Motor quit brushes and switch OK
  • Gear reduction stripped out
  • Motor locked up bad smell
  • Shaft to chuck snapped next to motor
  • Chuck bound up. A little smaller then 1/4"
  • with salvaged parts teeth on chuck got gnawed off.

just good enough to hurl at the neighbors dog when it howls.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I need a drill motor to be "good enough".

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
WHERE'S THE BEEF?
Magic chrome yddrium polonium alloy? Fifty dollar an hour rolex manufacturing grade labor?

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
You like expensive? This should do it
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear. I hate office chairs!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad