cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Caulking

zipp
Explorer
Explorer
Can you apply dicor sealant over silicone along the trim on the sides of our RV? It's a Dolphin 2002.Thanks-- It's the non leveling non sag.
Denny & Mighty Wife
2002 Dolphin 5356
Towing 2004 Trailblazer
7 REPLIES 7

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
Not much sticks to silicone, I had to scrape all my joints on both end caps and top, cleaned well with acetone (carefully, don't rub off paint) and some places mineral spirits. I used pro Flex RV this year on the vertical surfaces and dicor self leveling on the roof. I even applied some eterna bond tape to the top where the end cap joints are. tired of caulking it every year. The Pro flex seems easier to work with and doesn't attract dirt like some caulks. It also sticks like crazy!

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
silicone should stick to silicone.
Your trim is already ruined, so a little more wont ruin it.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Zipp, lot of echoes on here all the time about silicon. since it is on there, relax and let it set a while and see what happens. The results may defy urban legend.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just make sure you use the proper Dicor sealant. There are two types, self leveling for flat surfaces and nonsagging for vertical surfaces. If you put the self leveling on a vertical surface you will have it running slowly down the side of your trailer.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Not much sticks to silicone sorry to say. Just scrape off the silicone and caulk with Dicor. You will be glad you did
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

zipp
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! Looks like I did one side for nothing. ****!!!
Denny & Mighty Wife
2002 Dolphin 5356
Towing 2004 Trailblazer

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
You can't apply anything over silicone, it won't stick.
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson