cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 road trip report

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back. Visited Badlands NP stayed at the KOA just outside the park, (nothing special, but it's the location). Then to deadwood SD (stayed at deadwood KOA.... NEVER again) then to Glacier National Park stayed at the west Glacier KOA (Beautiful! Nicest KOA I have ever been to!) then to Craters of the moon in Idaho...great place to visit. Then to sparks NV to visit family, Lake Tahoe CA, then to Las Vegas (stayed at Sam's Town KOA, again, location only) finally.. Chaco Canyon in New Mexico when people tell you to NOT drive your RV on the road to get there, BELIEVE them! We took my wife's motorcycle and on some spots the fastest we could go was 10mph. The road is a nightmare! deep loose gravel on some spots, and slick smooth rock other spots and all the time washboard! It would be hard to drive a car on some portions of that road! But anyways that's the 2019 great American road trip
Proud father of a US Marine
4 REPLIES 4

dedmiston
azdryheat wrote:
I stay at KOA's as a last resort. Too expensive. The Glacier KOA, as I recall, was priced over $100 per night. Not worth it. We stayed elsewhere.

The Glacier KOA is one of the nicest places we've ever stayed. Loved it.

They consistently get great comments here too.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Please don't let this degenerate into another KOA bashing thread. As shown by the OP some are good, some are bad, just like private campgrounds.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Pbois334
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a great trip. We left RI and went to badlands /deadwood/Custer state park/Yellowstone/Tetons. First real road trip for us and it was a blast.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I stay at KOA's as a last resort. Too expensive. The Glacier KOA, as I recall, was priced over $100 per night. Not worth it. We stayed elsewhere.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE