cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear Deck Patio - Aftermarket rails

jmbstudios
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone seen an aftermarket rail system to convert your TH rear door into a patio?

I've been doing a lot of searching but not finding any products.
New or used.
2019 F250 Lariat FX4
2018 Genesis Supreme 32CR
PRS and Taylor Guitars
22 REPLIES 22

Bedlam
Trying the above for me was always the Goldilocks experience - It was either too high or too low.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
If you can drag the standred pinic table bench that are at most campgrounds and use a 5 ft" 4X4 you can lower your ramp onto the seating area on the beach and wamo you have your patio deck.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

Bedlam
jmbstudios wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
Don't skimp on the support cables. Earlier this summer a friend of mine was standing on his ramp holding his grandbaby and the motorcycle tie-down straps he was using broke. He and the baby rolled down the ramp, but he held on and protected the kid all the way down. Could have been a disaster.

These ramps are a huge lever and put crazy stress on the supports.

My cables are factory.

But the toddler fence or xpens sounds like a temp fix until I find a good deal on rails.

My toy hauler did not have the anchors to secure the ramp door. Rather than drill the trailer, I used tall jack stands with rubber bumpers to hold the ramp level. The comment about additional steel plates being required may be for those cable anchors I lacked.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
tomman58 wrote:
Soon to go for a campfire and dogs & beer........ camping.
I'm with you on one out of these three.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
tomman58 wrote:
I have always thought of these as special need or useless. I watch the one with the side porch this allows you to do the Grey Poupon thing with you neighbor in most rv parks. As for the one on the back you can watch you neighbors TV if you wish.
I've always worked to be out of the TT as that is why we RV. If I wanted to be couped up I would've stayed home!

Amazingly enough, not everyone does things, and enjoys things, exactly the same way you do. It's called diversity. And if you got a trailer, you're RV'ing. Want to camp? Get a tent.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
tomman58 wrote:
jmbstudios wrote:
tomman58 wrote:
I have always thought of these as special need or useless. I watch the one with the side porch this allows you to do the Grey Poupon thing with you neighbor in most rv parks. As for the one on the back you can watch you neighbors TV if you wish.
I've always worked to be out of the TT as that is why we RV. If I wanted to be couped up I would've stayed home!

On the west coast we have some campgrounds where the rear of the trailer hangs over the beach. Beach front property!

Watching the sunsets are aweesome.

So much for the sand between your toes eh?

Most of the beach campsites don't actually open up to the beach. Our beach camps are always up on a bluff overlooking the beaches. The party patio is a great way to open up the garage and fill the room with sea air and watch the sun set. I've set up my laptop out there and put in plenty of uninterrupted billable hours on the veranda. It sure beats an office.

I had my TH at Emma Wood once, back deck out over the rocks at the water's edge. High tide might have got wet!
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

jmbstudios
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
tomman58 wrote:
jmbstudios wrote:
tomman58 wrote:

On the west coast we have some campgrounds where the rear of the trailer hangs over the beach. Beach front property!

Most of the beach campsites don't actually open up to the beach. Our beach camps are always up on a bluff overlooking the beaches. The party patio is a great way to open up the garage and fill the room with sea air and watch the sun set. I've set up my laptop out there and put in plenty of uninterrupted billable hours on the veranda. It sure beats an office.

Silver Strand on Coronado is great!
2019 F250 Lariat FX4
PRS and Taylor Guitars

dedmiston
tomman58 wrote:
jmbstudios wrote:
tomman58 wrote:

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
jmbstudios wrote:
tomman58 wrote:

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

jmbstudios
Explorer
Explorer
tomman58 wrote:

2019 F250 Lariat FX4
PRS and Taylor Guitars

jmbstudios
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Don't skimp on the support cables. Earlier this summer a friend of mine was standing on his ramp holding his grandbaby and the motorcycle tie-down straps he was using broke. He and the baby rolled down the ramp, but he held on and protected the kid all the way down. Could have been a disaster.

My cables are factory.

But the toddler fence or xpens sounds like a temp fix until I find a good deal on rails.
2019 F250 Lariat FX4
PRS and Taylor Guitars

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

dedmiston

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Bert_Ackerman
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
I saw someone using toddler "fencing" around theres this weekend, plastic panels that dovetail together for making play areas for toddlers, size seemed to fit very well. Couple of bungies and it was pretty secure.

I would just tie a pork chop around the kids neck so the dog would play with him before I would drop that kind of coin.