cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Micro Air Soft Start for AC

JG
Explorer
Explorer
I installed this on my Casita. Works great. This came out in a Article today.
http://www.trailerlife.com/tech/this-is-cool/?utm_source=exacttarget&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TLN21589_09202019
2019 Casita Liberty
2015 Chevy Truck
Wonderful wife since 1969
14 REPLIES 14

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
ktmrfs,

It only does the voltage drop on generator power. Not on shore power. Microaire specifies that learning is to be done on shore power.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Even with microaire voltage drops to 97 volts, when starting the Dometic 13500 air conditioner with a Yamaha 3000 Sieb. If I add the load support feature on the Magnum to the mix, voltage still makes a huge excursion down and the red over load light triggers on the Magnum remote.

Further, I had to "tweak" the cut in voltage on the autoformer to cut in at 113 volts, when on shore power after the microaire was installed.

If I were to do it again, I'd save my pennies. (i.e. I "fixed" something that was not broken.)

have you tried to redo the "learn procedure" on the micro air? I have a fast acting peak reading current meter I used on mine as I monitored the peak inrush during the learn procedure with line power. It started at close to 50A and by the 5th cycle the peak reading during startup is 22A on my coleman MachIII 13.5K BTU. That shouldn't drop voltage to 97V. The peak current is the same 22A when started from my honda 2200A.

It's worked wonders for us, we can now start and run the AC on one honda 2200 at altitudes up to 7000ft. Starts fine at those altitudes even in eco mode.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I did not say I had problems running the roof air. I'm saying there was not an improvement on voltage drop before and after adding the microaire. So I need not have installed it for my situation. i.e. I fixed a problem that, at least, for me, did not exist. And it did mean my autoformer did not cut in as easily, so I had to tweak it.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Latner
Nomad
Nomad
pianotuna wrote:
Even with microaire voltage drops to 97 volts, when starting the Dometic 13500 air conditioner with a Yamaha 3000 Sieb. If I add the load support feature on the Magnum to the mix, voltage still makes a huge excursion down and the red over load light triggers on the Magnum remote.

Further, I had to "tweak" the cut in voltage on the autoformer to cut in at 113 volts, when on shore power after the microaire was installed.

If I were to do it again, I'd save my pennies. (i.e. I "fixed" something that was not broken.)

? I had no problem running my 13500 with a 3200 subaru with no easy start or even a start capacitor. I bought a honda 2200 for portability, would only start with eco off if the conditions were right. Installed the microair and can start the ac with eco on no problems.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II

Regards, Don

Latner
Nomad
Nomad
Love my MicroAire

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Microaire for the win

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
badsix wrote:
you might want to try one from this guy. his web sight is under construction but he sells on eBay under applianceandair name. they are about a 1/4 of the cost of a micro air. I have one for my ac and it works perfect.
Jay D.

It's not at all like the MicroAire unit.

The thing on eBay is just a time delay that lets the compressor spin up first and then turns on the blower motor.

The MicroAire uses a digital processor to measure and limit compressor startup current, making it easier for a small generator to spool up the load.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
https://www.ebay.com/str/applianceandair
Regards, Don

badsix
Explorer
Explorer
you might want to try one from this guy. his web sight is under construction but he sells on eBay under applianceandair name. they are about a 1/4 of the cost of a micro air. I have one for my ac and it works perfect.
Jay D.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
awesome product... purchase the optional installation kit. I forgot to tell my wife to order it, and it would have helped.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
oops wrong thread.
Regards, Don

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I put a Soft Start kit on one of my A/C's. made a big and I mean BIG difference. Will have to do the other one some day if they did not factory install (I go topside next month for routine maintenance and will check at that time)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Link to Article
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe