cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AC shroud

HappyjackGum
Explorer
Explorer
how do I remove the shroud on my 1996 companion 18r trailer roof AC unit?
6 REPLIES 6

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
Go to a local HVAC supply house and get a fin comb.

HappyjackGum
Explorer
Explorer
campigloo wrote:
It sounds like it may be, for lack of a better term, hinged. Remove the screws and it
might just come right off.

Cool thanks. It had screws all the way around. Easy as pie. When I took it off the cooling fins were smashed to all hell. They are thin as hell. It is going to take mea full week to straighten them out. Now I have to figure out how to do that. Wow, it never ends. Almost as bad as a bot.

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like it may be, for lack of a better term, hinged. Remove the screws and it
might just come right off.

HappyjackGum
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:
Most AC shrouds have 4 screws on the top that are sealed under some caulking. Once you peel the caulking and unscrew the screws the shroud should lift off.

ya, that is what I thought too but mine has no screws on the top. I think it is a latch type thingy on one side I can't see and 2 screws on the opposite side. I have to look closer when I get home.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Most AC shrouds have 4 screws on the top that are sealed under some caulking. Once you peel the caulking and unscrew the screws the shroud should lift off.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

HappyjackGum
Explorer
Explorer
I looked on youtube and can't find the exact way it comes off. maybe I will look for the manual.