cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Fryer Polenta Fries

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Instead of regular french fries, I tried using polenta to make fries and the result was very good.
I bought a tube of pre-cooked polenta, and cut it up into french fry size pieces. I coated each piece with a bit of olive oil then dredged them in Italian bread crumbs with a few extra spices. Into the air fryer at 370 for about 20 minutes, then cranked it up to 400 for 5 minutes. Out came golden brown polenta fries.... very tasty
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard
7 REPLIES 7

propchef
Explorer
Explorer
robatthelake wrote:
Air fryers and Instant Pot Duo or Ninja Foodi ?
Which is the best all round favorite and why?

All have their strengths and weaknesses.

We use an Instant Pot Duo and we love it. The only thing it doesn't do is air fry which is a fad and really just an oven with a strong fan. I can do the same thing with my counter-top Kitchenaid oven. One of my favorite things about the IP is that I can pull stuff from the freezer last minute and have dinner ready in under an hour.

The Instant Pot and Ninja are mostly the same, and AllClad makes an electronic cooker like this as well.

Air-fryers are single-taskers, where the Instant Pot and Ninja are multi-taskers that can include air-fry depending on the model.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
This post brings back memories.... I'll have to make them again !

Did you know you can also make Pillsbury biscuits in the air fryer ? Google it.... they come out great. We don't have an oven in the MH, so this is a super alternative.

Baked potatoes come out greet in the air fryer too
Joe

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Air fryers and Instant Pot Duo or Ninja Foodi ?
Which is the best all round favorite and why?
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

Lisawang
Explorer
Explorer
I want to try it now

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Actually the consistency is just like a regular french fry .. but no grease and yes, sorta like corn fries.. aka grit fries !
Joe

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Close to fried mush- a Bob Evans favorite if mine 🙂
-- Chris Bryant

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Corn fires?