cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

They're back ! --- Love Bugs

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Came down I-75 from central Georgia to Tampa on Saturday and in southern GA ( fromm around Cordelle) to about Gainesville, we hit love bugs--- what a mess. It's just the beginning, more to come !
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard
10 REPLIES 10

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Last week they were out in force on I-75. Drove south from Atlanta area on I-75 today and picked up a few from Perry to Tifton. Nothing after the Florida boarder.

Endricken
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up my Fiver Sep 9 and noticed a few Love Bugs around. Trip to Tampa resulted in hosing off my Truck and Front Cap at each Campground stop (3) and when we got home before putting back into storage had to scrub it down. And even on the nozzle jet setting it wouldn't get them all off...
Need to remember not to travel in Sept...
Retired USAF
Silver 05 Dodge RAM LB CTD Dually 4Speed Auto SWD 3.73, Westin Sportsman Grill & Taillight Guards,Husky Mudguards, Retractable Ball Hitch, Onboard Air & Horns, MaxBrake - towing 2005 Keystone Montana Big Sky 3670 with Star Performance adapter

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
DutchmenSport wrote:
Maybe your Love Bugs will find our Stink bugs and together they can just make stinkin' love, now wouldn't that be a horrible mess.

Then after that they can fly to PA and eat the spotted lantern flies we have here over the last few years. Just a regular bug love fest!

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
Came down I-75 from central Georgia to Tampa on Saturday and in southern GA ( fromm around Cordelle) to about Gainesville, we hit love bugs--- what a mess. It's just the beginning, more to come !

Donโ€™t ya just โ€œLoveโ€ โ€˜em ! :B One of the things, I โ€œdonโ€™t โ€œ miss about leaving the โ€œDeep Southโ€! memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
lap527 wrote:
We washed vehicles Sunday and the CRV had them pretty bad. They should be gone in a couple of weeks. I have seen them worse, I think last year they were not bad at all, IMHO.

Thanks. Glad we will miss them. Heard they are quite the mess on the trucks and trailers.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe your Love Bugs will find our Stink bugs and together they can just make stinkin' love, now wouldn't that be a horrible mess.

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
We washed vehicles Sunday and the CRV had them pretty bad. They should be gone in a couple of weeks. I have seen them worse, I think last year they were not bad at all, IMHO.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Hurricanes and Love Bugs - we try to plan our trips south to avoid both.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:

When do they end? We are coming to Florida middle of November for a couple of weeks. Hope we don't get splattered then.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had our motorhome detailed this weekend while we were staying at LazyDays resort in Tampa. No love bugs on the trip there. Coming home, I got splattered with them! At least I only had to clean the front of the motorhome.
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)