cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

coating rubber roof what have you used

TomandCandy
Explorer
Explorer
roof is 22 years old I'm thinking it's time for a little maintenance looking for advice on what you have used to coat the roof thanks Tom
9 REPLIES 9

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Dicor Cool Coat. Roof was Tan, sun was strong made the camper hot. Primer 2 coats of cool coat made a 15 degree difference.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I used Kool Coat on an EPDM roof. Washed the roof, primed it, then 2 coats of Kool Coat and 12 years later was just as good as the day I put it on.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
I used Hengs with good results. The only issue is it really isnโ€™t a permanent fix. Every 3-4 years youโ€™ll need to redo it. For me that wasnโ€™t an issue, plus I view it as a good reason to inspect and repair any damage that may have happened since the last coating.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
I recently did a complete cleaning of my roof including taking off (all) the old caulk, re-caulking completely and applying three coats of Hengs' (orange can) I used almost two gallons applying with a roller. Took me about a week to complete the whole project. Hard on the knees, body but I am really happy with the results.

There are other products that I researched but decided on the Hengs' because of the easy process of application. Good luck with your projects. Let us know what worked for you. We are always interested in the final results.

Safe travels. Arnold
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:
Liquid Roof. is an EPDM coating that bites into the original EPDM roof and becomes one.
I used Liquid Roof on my Bounder and was impressed with the produce.
It's pricey but I would do it again.

That's what I used too. I did the roof on my old travel trailer in 2012, it was still looking good when I sold it last year.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

chaffeekid
Explorer
Explorer
I used an Elastomeric coating from Menards, don't remember the name, 5 gallon bucket, worked well on the last MH we had, and am going to do it again on the one we have now.

MGySgt USMC(R) 61-91:)
N0LZS
Wife, has put up with me for 57 years :B
Amber, a Cockapoo, and Bambi a Hyper Chihuahua
2004 Winnebago Brave 34D, 8.1L 496cubes, Allison transmission, two Slides.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Liquid Roof. is an EPDM coating that bites into the original EPDM roof and becomes one.
I used Liquid Roof on my Bounder and was impressed with the produce.
It's pricey but I would do it again.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I use Heng's too. As said, easy to apply.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Heng's Rubber Roof Coating. Goes on easily, does a nice job and no primer is needed. I used a roller and brush. Clean well before applying.

I used 2 1/2 gallons to apply two light coats on 30' of roof on our 96 Southwind.

It's been on over 3 years and still looks good.