cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which campground at Custer State Park?

rfloyd99
Explorer
Explorer
There are campsites available in all eight of the CGs during the time we'll be there - any opinions on which ones are best, or worst? We like to have shade when possible.

Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
We were happy with Stockade Lake South. Decent amount of shade. Based on almost everyone posting positive experiences of a different campground, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I do know that S.L.S. is designed mainly for smaller campers and if your rolling in with a 25'+, then you will be getting one of the sites that has more direct sunlight exposure.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Sylvan Lake. Highest elevation, better forest. Nice spacing and privacy between many of the sites.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stockade north. Most shade, upper loop
Worked at North and South. North has most shade
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
We've been twice, and both times Blue Bell campground caught our eye as being interesting. The covered wagon tours for the Wildlife Loop seem to leave from there and it just has a vibe. On our third visit, that's where we'll be!
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
If you are talking about Custer State Park only can not help. However a few years back we stayed outside of the city of Custer in a great campground. I believe its worth checking out Ft. Welikit
https://www.blackhillsrv.com/
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
I just can't imagine anyplace being bad at Custer. That is one place I'd love to just move to, we had so much fun exploring the area, eating at the small mom and pop restaurants in town and even ducking the hail storms that seemed to happen often in summer. Grandkids got to see their first buffalo up close and personal and enjoyed swimming in the lake also.

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
Rafter J is where we stayed. It is a great Park

RVman / John
RVman3252
3252Px3 KZ Sportsmen Limited Triple Slide Fifth Wheel
Dodge Ram HD3500 CrewCab, Longbed 4x4 Cummins w/ PullRite Super 5th

Good Sam Life Member

texasjayco
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Legion Lake Campground and would def go back again.

Good location, lots of room, and very clean.

Mark
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS
2022 Ford F-450 Limited Diesel Dually