cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camp Kitchen with Sink that connects to outside shower?

lss177
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have a camp kitchen that can connect to the outside shower of a travel trailer or motorhome? Looking to wash dishes outside, camp kitchen looks like the solution...?

Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Geez, the grey-water police sure showed up quick! The OP never said anything about running food scraps or grey water onto the ground.

I use this, hooked up to my low point drain (cold water only). I simply extended the low point drain to a convenient location and added a garden hose quick-connect. The outdoor sink sits next to my Blackstone Tailgater grille/griddle, and is so handy that some friends just purchased one too. The drain goes into a collapsible bucket.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
I tried using a laundry sink but it was so deep it was a back-killer.
-jbh-

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
My low point drain valves are under the kitchen sink. With open end tubing under the trailer. I added fittings and valves to the tubing ends to allow me to connect outside for hot and cold running water. All I have to do is connect to the tubing and open low point drain valves for hot and cold water. I can connect to a laundry sink with faucet set up outside. Then connect an old hose I use for gray water dumping to the drain and run it to my 26 gallon tote or run it off into the woods.

I have a camp kitchen table with sink I use for tent camping with an on demand water heater. I can also connect the drain to my tote or run it off into the woods.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen them in Cabela's and just the last weekend saw one at someone's campsite. They were tent campers. Personally, I think they are big and bulky, and they have to be placed on pretty level ground. And if you are camping anywhere, except, maybe, in your own yard, it's not advisable to let the water drain on the ground.

When we purchased our current 5er, we debated long and hard if we actually wanted one of them, since our last camper had an outside sink. We decided against it, they folded up too big and storage required too much space for the use we would have gotten out of it. If we wash outside, I'll just run a garden home from the outside sprayer and use two plastic tubs. In the long run, we find it much easier to just wash dishes inside.

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
A number of plastic table/sink combos are available on Amazon and elsewhere https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078XXGJMG/?coliid=I2VWAIOXKGHWWU&colid=XYN4Z4HQXODB&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it Just run a hose from your shower nozzle to the sink. You can (and should) cobble together a drain connection to your sewer hose using sewer hose adaptors. Don't drain it on the ground.

You'll need to control water at the shower fixture; if it's mixed it'll be mixed throughout the camper unless you install check valves.
-jbh-

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Well you don't NEED to have an outside shower to have water to an outside "mini-sink" but running food scraps and other cooking residue out on the ground is NOT a good thing to do.

You will have a better understanding of that if/when you wake up the next morning and BEARS are present......or your RV is covered with ANTS.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

lss177
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, its nice to have the option to clean dishes outside as well, I have another camper with an outside kitchen, can clean dishes outside while the wife cleans up inside ๐Ÿ™‚ . Buying an additional much smaller camper with no outside kitchen, was looking for options to clean stuff up outside as well as inside.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry, but I am not sure about your intentions. Is there a problem with washing dishes inside?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?