cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vail lake Koa

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
We had a great weekend here at Vail lake Koa. Vail lake isn’t currently accessible but according to the staff they are working on getting it done. The roads are washed out and the dam needs repair. They said ever since KOA took over the campground things have been moving in the right direction. The staff also told me it might turn into a no body contact lake, which will suck big time, as the other local lakes like lake Skinner and Diamond Valley lake are also no body contact lakes. They do have lots to do, such as epic mountain biking trials right from your camp at the lower Merlot camp sites. They also have live music and karaoke nights on the weekends, the Bunkhouse Bar and they allow golf carts which I keep telling Nicole we need to buy one. 🙂 they are also building a BMX track too for the kids which looks pretty cool.

Checking in - plenty of shade here with lots of oak trees

Camp all setup - we prefer to stay at Chardonnay Mesa. It offers great views plenty of shade and good cell service.

Camp views and great sunsets from this spot.

More views, you can see the 3 swimming pools and right above all the green trees is the lake.

Another camp shot - all these sites are full hook ups

Went for a quick swim in the 3 swimming pools 🙂

They also have Thrifty Ice cream 🙂

Live music and the bunk house bar
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
16 REPLIES 16

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
mpoulsen wrote:
Ok next !!!!tell the girls and your loving wife we say HI

Will do, can’t wait to get out of this season with all of you!

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Ok next !!!!tell the girls and your loving wife we say HI

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
mpoulsen wrote:
Hi Ricky! Good to hear you, Debbie and me and June with some other friends are going to the desert Columbus day weekend where going to leave Friday night and be there till Monday. You are welcome to join us!

Ahhh, we will be in AZ that weekend. Taking the girls to a concert.

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Ricky! Good to hear you, Debbie and me and June with some other friends are going to the desert Columbus day weekend where going to leave Friday night and be there till Monday. You are welcome to join us!

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
eDUBz wrote:
nayther wrote:
eDUBz wrote:
1320Fastback wrote:
Driven by it hundreds of time on the way to Cahuillia motocross track. Will put it on our radar as a close by get away location!

I didn’t know Cahuilla had a Motocross track - How do you like that one compared to Palas ?

There's also The Ranch near there, I've ridden at The Ranch for a qualifier enduro once, very tight and technical; I don't think I raced more than 20 miles, all within about 15 square miles and I was DONE!

Will look it up. Have you ever rode the Trail race that Soboba puts on every February? It was very popular and I think it still is.

No, I've not ridden the Soboba trail ride. It's kind of an invitation only and I've heard VERY challenging and no bailouts, once you start you're committed. I've had the opportunity, I know enough in the industry to get the invite but just never pulled the trigger, it happens once a year.

If you ever want to do it I can get you in no problem just let me know. I might do the next one. I know all the bail out spots should you need to cut the course short 🙂

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
eDUBz wrote:
nayther wrote:
eDUBz wrote:
1320Fastback wrote:
Driven by it hundreds of time on the way to Cahuillia motocross track. Will put it on our radar as a close by get away location!

I didn’t know Cahuilla had a Motocross track - How do you like that one compared to Palas ?

There's also The Ranch near there, I've ridden at The Ranch for a qualifier enduro once, very tight and technical; I don't think I raced more than 20 miles, all within about 15 square miles and I was DONE!

Will look it up. Have you ever rode the Trail race that Soboba puts on every February? It was very popular and I think it still is.

No, I've not ridden the Soboba trail ride. It's kind of an invitation only and I've heard VERY challenging and no bailouts, once you start you're committed. I've had the opportunity, I know enough in the industry to get the invite but just never pulled the trigger, it happens once a year.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not a fan of Pala/Fox even though it's only about 20 miles east of my house. I much prefer motocross built on natural terrain like Glen Helen or Cahuillia. Give me big hills and valleys, step on and stop offs instead of a flat field with bumps and its pretty rocky if we're being honest too.

Pala also can be insanely busy as in 5oclock traffic busy.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
eDUBz wrote:
1320Fastback wrote:

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
eDUBz wrote:
1320Fastback wrote:

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:
You had me at "Thrifty's Ice Cream". I dream of that stuff since I grew up on it in Central CA. I spy my favorite Rainbow Sherbet.

Yeah, we were pretty excited to see thrifty ice cream here 🙂 our family can never pass up a scoop of ice cream.

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
You had me at "Thrifty's Ice Cream". I dream of that stuff since I grew up on it in Central CA. I spy my favorite Rainbow Sherbet.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
1320Fastback wrote:

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
Have not been there in a long time. Great place to stay if you want to go wine tasting too. My biggest problem with that area is getting there, traffic SUCKS! Did our maiden voyage of the new trailer there, left about noon on a Friday from Burbank and still took 3 hours to get there.

Yeah forgot to mention it’s in the heart of wine country. The traffic out here sucks, lots of people from Orange County and San Diego moved and commute back and forth to work.