Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/19 03:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not sweat twenty-five cents either. I sweat the TWO DOLLARS per gallon increase. Different income levels decree different emphasis on different points of logistics.

MUST it be pointed out that many countries have refined fuel prices far and away more expensive than the USA? Shale oil is premium stuff and if you believe anyone would suffer a huge loss of income because of "patriotism" I can only shake my head. The strategic oil storage would last perhaps three months and to jeopardize that cushion over a spike in oil prices is flat admitting no knowledge of how things work. Simple words to calm a jittery market and not one fluid ounce of petroleum reserves used or even threatened. Political word mastery at it's best.

Some of you have what -- a tendency to speak before you read, my assertions specified long term. For the short attention deficit disordered it means four days. It is meant for 4 months. Wait and see. Or does every motorhome sit on the driveway 100% filled? Or empty? Quicksilver tries to remain filled. When pump prices were ascending rapidly down here and before the swamp was bypassed and outages occurred weekly, I saved eight hundred dollars hard cash by purchasing optimally. Remember my life is micro finances, not self-described bigwheel.

In April 2020 we shall see

"How's the cake doing?"

"It's been in the oven ten minutes!"

"Well we SHOULD know something more than only THAT! by now"

Amazing. Simply amazing.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/19 03:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

I do not sweat twenty-five cents either. I sweat the TWO DOLLARS per gallon increase. Different income levels decree different emphasis on different points of logistics.

MUST it be pointed out that many countries have refined fuel prices far and away more expensive than the USA? Shale oil is premium stuff and if you believe anyone would suffer a huge loss of income because of "patriotism" I can only shake my head. The strategic oil storage would last perhaps three months and to jeopardize that cushion over a spike in oil prices is flat admitting no knowledge of how things work. Simple words to calm a jittery market and not one fluid ounce of petroleum reserves used or even threatened. Political word mastery at it's best.

Some of you have what -- a tendency to speak before you read, my assertions specified long term. For the short attention deficit disordered it means four days. It is meant for 4 months. Wait and see. Or does every motorhome sit on the driveway 100% filled? Or empty? Quicksilver tries to remain filled. When pump prices were ascending rapidly down here and before the swamp was bypassed and outages occurred weekly, I saved eight hundred dollars hard cash by purchasing optimally. Remember my life is micro finances, not self-described bigwheel.

In April 2020 we shall see

"How's the cake doing?"

"It's been in the oven ten minutes!"

"Well we SHOULD know something more than only THAT! by now"

Amazing. Simply amazing.
If your tanks remain filled, as you claim, you have no ability to time the market. If you expect the price to rise, you have no storage availability. If prices fall, you have tanks full of overpriced fuel.
No one knows where oil prices will go in the future. The geopolitical threats that drove crude futures skyward yesterday were alleviated today and prices for crude fell dramatically. Will those heightened threats keep crude high due to the potential for supply disruptions or will those same regional threats further dampen global economic conditions and lessen the demand for crude leading to lower prices? Will global climate change lead to a lower demand for heating oil in the northeast, lowering diesel prices or will New England have a cold winter which will cause shortages in fuel oil and propane leading to price spikes? Betting limited personal financial resources on the direction of fuel prices is a fool's errand.

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of South Western Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/19 05:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ Really glad that you let us know. ^

We all feel so much better now.

Now back to our regular program. [emoticon]

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/19 05:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.unotv.com/noticias/portal/ne........se-a-alza-en-precio-del-petroleo-860497/Quick Quick B.S.

Pick up your telephone and dial the president of Mexico who just issued a statement

"Due to the looming large price increase in fuel from the USA I regret to inform you of immediate liter price increases"

And tell him he is badly misinformed. Tell him that "BS himself" says it's only a rumor. 70% of fuel in Mexico is imported from the U.S.

This is not a one-stage affair. Saudi Arabia is going to drag us kicking and screaming into the middle of this. But I clearly stated this early on. Like a first grade teacher, I clearly must not append anything without recapping 100% of what was said 10 minutes ago.

Take the advice or leave it. Ridicule it and I will have more fun in four months than you will ever believe.

And I am finished with this "CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?" is a fitting finish. My son-in-law just paid sixteen hundred dollars this morning for a 400-gallon delivery of diesel. Five hours later comes Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador's announcement. My God! what a freaking coincidence.

https://www.unotv.com/noticias/portal/ne........se-a-alza-en-precio-del-petroleo-860497/

* This post was edited 09/17/19 05:54pm by MEXICOWANDERER *

3 tons

CA.

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/19 06:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just more hysteria driven by the ‘fight or flight’ impulse... The only thing for certain is death and taxes, and rest assured that ain’t a one of us getting out of here alive...

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/19 06:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

as of last night, there was an 8 cents per gallon price increase on Regular

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

3 tons

CA.

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/19 06:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MrWizard wrote:

as of last night, there was an 8 cents per gallon price increase on Regular

We’re still fortunate that (in America) our fuel fix is still cheaper than a gallon of milk.
What’s to complain about - lol

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/19 08:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nothing, there is no room for complaints. They are saved for someone who suggests saving a few dollars. Then morphs right into the "Sky Is Falling" with no added comments.

This is actually sad because these morphs detract substantially from anything you say, hyperbole is the correct description, here.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/17/19 08:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In Tn we were paying between 2.02 to 2.09 when we left, the first Sat of the month. We had a few instances of sub 2.00.
We filled up with diesel or 2.39.
here in Kingman cheapest I saw today was 2.59 for regular, and 2.78, I think for diesel.This was a fw blocks from the Interstate on Airport rod or whatever. Some regular as high as 278 or so.
In New Mexico cheapest diesel we saw was 2.78 right after we filled up at 3.09.
Most of the state on I 40 was within 10 cents of 3.00 either way mostly higher.
Highest e saw was 3.23 I think.

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/17/19 10:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Diesel 2.56 in Albuquerque

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS