cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Traveling on I-70 West to Monument Valley to Zion

kwright
Explorer
Explorer
How are the roads from Dodge City to Durango on 160? We are in a 30 foot motorhome, gas, with a toad. Any large mountains to white knuckle? Appreciate all the advice on this website! Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
I think we are talking about US 160, not I-60. The part I am familiar with in Colorado runs from Walsenburg (intersects with I-25 there) to Durango in the west. As has been said LaVeta is one of the easiest passes in Colorado and Wolf Creek is up a notch, but so much better now than the first time I drove over it in the 1960s.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where exactly does I-60 run??
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

kwright
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info

BarryG20
Explorer
Explorer
160 is a good road and should present no problems. Yes you go over la Veta pass west of Walsenberg and then wolf creek west of south fork neither one is bad at all. Road is good top to bottom on both of them and plenty wide. As far as mountain passes go la veta is pretty ho hum and wolf creek is up a notch Never understood all the drama associated with wolf creek. Years ago it was narrower but this isnโ€™t 1975 Anymore and even then it wasnโ€™t dangerous just slow regardless of what the song says.
2016 Jayco 28.5 RLTS

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
160 from South Fork to Pagosa Springs goes over Wolfe Creek Pass...11,000โ€™. East to west is a little easier as you have a 10 mile 6% downhill, only 8 miles up. A more southerly route would be much easier.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...