cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quit RVing

egh33
Explorer
Explorer
Well folks it sure has been great reading the posts on here plus staying at the RV parks and chatting with some really nice people.
But I turn 86 next month and the ole eyesight is fading, I'm just not a quick with my actions driving any more. Plus it's getting very hard getting up the steps into the MH.
We just thought it's time to get rid of the MH and quit traveling. We gave our son the MH and the MH carport is very empty.
I really miss jumping in it and heading out to just where ever we wanted too go.
Y'all drive carefully and keep safe and remember it's not where you are going, it's enjoying the trip getting there.
30 REPLIES 30

frankgibbons194
Explorer
Explorer
Best of luck and have a healthy, safe life ahead.

katmann343
Explorer
Explorer
RV over 40 years, DW of 55 years, took dose of big C, passed to the big campground in the sky.
Tried RVing alone for year and six months. did not work, got rid of the HH and four door duly King Ranch.

Enjoy the time left.............

Katmann 343
2006 F 350 PSD King Ranch
2004 Hitchhiker II LS UKTG

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
egh33,
I feel your pain! I am 82 and we decided that last year was our final year to travel via RV so we parked our trailer permanently in our sons family campground located in the forest in the upper part of Michigan's lower peninsula.
At least we are still able to use it for a "summer place" instead of a travelling home but it is not the same. I miss very much the idea of visiting unknown places and campgrounds in our trailer. It has been a tough year but I am hoping the feeling gets better as time goes by. At least we still get to spend quality time in our trailer.

Had a bit of consolation though. Didn't need the beautiful Ram 2500 with the Cummins that we had purchased a couple of years before so traded it for a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited with a 5.9L Hemi engine. This truck has air ride suspension all around and is like a rolling palace! Thank goodness I am still alert to drive and can still get around ok to enjoy it.

I hope your future is enjoyable and that you find some way to make up for the loss of your RVing activity.
Barney

Our trailers permanent home.
Looks like a beautiful spot. I would recommend something similar for the OP.

AlexGambler
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
egh33,
I feel your pain! I am 82 and we decided that last year was our final year to travel via RV so we parked our trailer permanently in our sons family campground located in the forest in the upper part of Michigan's lower peninsula.
At least we are still able to use it for a "summer place" instead of a travelling home but it is not the same. I miss very much the idea of visiting unknown places and campgrounds in our trailer. It has been a tough year but I am hoping the feeling gets better as time goes by. At least we still get to spend quality time in our trailer.

Had a bit of consolation though. Didn't need the beautiful Ram 2500 with the Cummins that we had purchased a couple of years before so traded it for a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited with a 5.9L Hemi engine. This truck has air ride suspension all around and is like a rolling palace! Thank goodness I am still alert to drive and can still get around ok to enjoy it.

I hope your future is enjoyable and that you find some way to make up for the loss of your RVing activity.
Barney

Our trailers permanent home.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
What about getting a seasonal sight at a local campground? It's "sort of" camping. :W
Proud father of a US Marine

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
egh33,
Congratulations on knowing when to quit. My Dad had a 42 foot boat and we finally convinced him to sell it when he was around your age. He got lax with maintenance and was not courteous to others on the water like he had been all his life. This month I am going to celebrate his 95th birthday.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
egh33 wrote:
Well folks it sure has been great reading the posts on here plus staying at the RV parks and chatting with some really nice people.
But I turn 86 next month and the ole eyesight is fading, I'm just not a quick with my actions driving any more. Plus it's getting very hard getting up the steps into the MH.
We just thought it's time to get rid of the MH and quit traveling. We gave our son the MH and the MH carport is very empty.
I really miss jumping in it and heading out to just where ever we wanted too go.
Y'all drive carefully and keep safe and remember it's not where you are going, it's enjoying the trip getting there.
Your story is an inspiration. I would be very pleased to be able to spend a full 20 years of retirement getting around in an RV. Maybe not full time but I think you have done well. Cheers :B
I am still a few years from retirement... still much to look forward to.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
How did you even wind up on an RV forum ? :S
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
ghooos ~~ WHA????

ghooos
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, newbies. The most important reason for the demand for slot machines is the widest assortment. In the gaming hall of the best you can find the largest selection of slot machines from leading world providers. You can find licensed products from giants of the global gambling industry, such as Novomatic, Microgaming, Endorphina, Spinomenal, Playson, NextGEN and more. Choose what you like, such as card and table virtual games (roulette, video poker, blackjack), as well as the "golden classics", as well as the most modern video slots, for example, mustang gold pokie online, on all existing topics - from space exploration to jewels and fruits. What is your favorite slot theme?

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Reading your OP brought a lump to my throat, because while i don't want to think about it or admit it, it's coming for all of us, for some it's quite a ways off, for others, it's just over the next hill.
I just hope that I have the courage to face it as well as you.
The road doesn't end, we just travel down it differently. Good Luck on the new part of your journey.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Happy birthday, and happy early anniversary! We all reach points in our lives when we say "maybe I shouldn't be doing this any longer". Cherish the memories; and look for a new fun thing ๐Ÿ™‚
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

egh33
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Best of luck to you. Hope you continue to get out and enjoy life!
By the way, you can still stick around this place and share your knowledge and experience. It would be appreciated!

Best regards,
Scott

Thanks a bunch people. Scott what I'm really going to miss is our trip to Tonasket, WA. every other year for my wife's family reunion.
I've only been married this same gal 65 years come November.