Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need an Overnight stop off I-95 near Walterboro SC

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

We will be traveling to Disney World November 7th and need an overnight stop somewhere near Walterboro SC off of I 95. We will be getting on I 95 from I 26

I'm not against a rest area or Wal-Mart but being November we might need to run the furnace for some warmth.

We don't need anything fancy just a safe spot where we can get some sleep before moving on in the morning.

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle
12 REPLIES 12

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is cheap fuel/gas right at the entrance to NG Acres. Place is very good for an overnight.
Puma 30RKSS

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
In Walterboro, both the Walmart and Cracker Barrel are good options for overnight. We've used both with no issues.
Jerry & Susie
1996 Roadtrek 190 Versatile (Dodge 5.2 L)

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
November is normally still warm. We have had several years where it was in the 90s at some time in November. There is a Walmart in Walterboro. Not far from Walterboro is Point South KOA at exit 33. There is also a Walmart in Pooler, GA, I want to say exit 102 (could be 104). The Pooler, GA Walmart is just far enough away from I-95 that it is usually quiet.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
the e-man wrote:
One more question. Do you know where you plan to stay on the return trip?

We like using Fayetteville RV Resort in Wade NC on our return from The Fort. Itโ€™s a good dayโ€™s drive, easy to access from the interstate, and well maintained.

Hope you have a great trip.

OP Here,

We won't be traveling that far North on I 95. I will be getting on I 26 south of there to go over to I 77.

Thanks for the feedback!

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for New Green Acres. We stay there each time we travel to Florida. Only thing about this cg is if it has rained a lot, it is a little muddy, not overly so, but wet.

If you do stay there be aware that travelling south on I-95 when you exit the entrance to the cg is almost immediately on the right as you leave the stop sign. You will turn right at a hotel. It is easy to miss.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

the_e-man
Explorer
Explorer
One more question. Do you know where you plan to stay on the return trip?

We like using Fayetteville RV Resort in Wade NC on our return from The Fort. Itโ€™s a good dayโ€™s drive, easy to access from the interstate, and well maintained.

Hope you have a great trip.
2018 Grand Design Transcend 28MKS
2010 Ram 2500
Travel Trail Sail - Info on Travel Planning, RV Camping, Outdoor Living

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
esyers wrote:
New Green Acres, right alongside I-95, long pull-thru sites.

We love New Green Acres. Quiet but very close to 95. Lots of nice trees and my wife loves the pine cones. Reasonable prices, good clean bathrooms. We stop here often on our way to Florida in February. Highly recommend.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We always stop at the Point South KOA, which is about 100 yds off of I-95 at exit 33 (Beaufort exit) in SC. There are plenty of decent sized pull-thru sites, check=in and check-out is at noon and the office is open until 9 pm. They have a wine tasting each night around 9 pm, which is from some regional wineries. There are a couple of restaurants that are within walking distance, if you need that.

In November, you may or may not need your furnace, but I would have a small electric heater to take the chill off first thing in the morning, if you have power.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at New Green Acres one time. It was in January, and dark when we got there and dark when we left, so I couldn't see much. But it worked well for an easy overnight stop with hookups.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

the_e-man
Explorer
Explorer
Two options you could consider for your Disney road trip stop over.

If you donโ€™t need hookups, There is a Flying J in St George. Itโ€™s just a bit North of Walterboro.

If you can go a bit farther, we have used the KOA Savannah South in Richmond Hill GA and it worked well.

For us, itโ€™s a long drive to The Fort from Virginia. I like to make the first day a bit longer so we can get there a bit earlier on day two. When we get an early enough start, have gone as far as Daytona which sets the next day up to be an easier one.
2018 Grand Design Transcend 28MKS
2010 Ram 2500
Travel Trail Sail - Info on Travel Planning, RV Camping, Outdoor Living

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
New Green Acres, right alongside I-95, long pull-thru sites.

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
There is a nice small state park right off the interstate, Colleton State Park. We overnighted there one night a couple years ago. Google is your friend!
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.