cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newmar Platinum Insurance ????

vcb49
Explorer
Explorer
I am about to purchase my first motorhome, 2014 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2903. Dose any one have any experience with the Newmar Platinum Insurance coverage the dealer is talking about? My car insurance company is AAA.
14 REPLIES 14

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
If you feel like you need an extended service contract, I agree with what others have posted about thoroughly reading it so you understand what is covered and what is not.

I would then recommend contacting Wholesale Warranties to compare coverage and cost.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Not with the 2903 model IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Stop letting โ€œslips by you.โ€ Or youโ€™ll be bankrupt.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

vcb49
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Executive, a few tips and angles I did not consider. I doubt seriously if they will throw it in for free, LOL.The " exclusionary contract" is quite the little gem, that would probably have slipped by me. Thanks, and I will ask for a blank copy.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Executive wrote:
If they throw it in for free, go for it. Otherwise get a blank copy, take it home and read it from cover to cover very carefully. Dealers usually make 100% profit on those contracts. I have had two with my current coach and they both have paid for themselves. That said, make sure they are exclusionary contracts. This means they tell you, in writing, what is NOT covered. If it's not in the contract, it's covered. Most contracts contain verbiage similar to "If a covered part fails due to the fault of a non-covered part, the covered part is not covered". Yep!! written by an attorney...best of luck....Dennis

They don't make 100% profit. What makes you think that? They DO make a profit. But, they still have to send money to the ESC company. The "profit" is a 1 time payment at the purchase of the vehicle. IF the policy is canceled, then the dealer has to rebate part of that payment back to the RV'er. Years ago, some dealers self insured their own ESC contracts. But, that is not very common now. They use established ESC companies. The Price of the contract negotiation is a hit on the dealers profit. The ESC sells the ESC for a fixed price and that is not negotiable. Doug

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
If they throw it in for free, go for it. Otherwise get a blank copy, take it home and read it from cover to cover very carefully. Dealers usually make 100% profit on those contracts. I have had two with my current coach and they both have paid for themselves. That said, make sure they are exclusionary contracts. This means they tell you, in writing, what is NOT covered. If it's not in the contract, it's covered. Most contracts contain verbiage similar to "If a covered part fails due to the fault of a non-covered part, the covered part is not covered". Yep!! written by an attorney...best of luck....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

vcb49
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks dougrainer for being so understanding and yes, they were talking about Extended Service Contract, ESC, not a warranty.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
vcb49 wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
Newmar has PLATINUM DEALERS. What this designates is, These Dealers will work(warranty also) on ANY Newmar owner regardless of where they purchased. This is NOT a add on cost to a new owner. The OP needs to clarify. I would bet what the dealer is offering is a ESC with that name. Doug

Ok, this is all brand new to me so please bear with me. What does OP and EST stand for? It is a used 2014 Newmar, I will be the second owner, I am purchasing it out right not financing. I'm not total sure what all it does and does not cover, I haven't had the full sales pitch on it yet, (that's why I'm asking for opinions and other people's experience in this matter), just a brief sales yahoo. I am bringing my son and his wife with me so I don't get overwhelmed with the double talk. My biggest concern since I am on my own what do I do when something breaks down. I am no stranger to preventive maintenance and looking for what might be going wrong. But I am not the brights tack in the box, if I can't fix it with duct tape, zip ties or bailing wire I'm dead in the water!

ESC----Extended Service Contract, This is NOT a warranty even tho they may sell it as such
OP-- That is YOU (Original Poster)

vcb49
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
Newmar has PLATINUM DEALERS. What this designates is, These Dealers will work(warranty also) on ANY Newmar owner regardless of where they purchased. This is NOT a add on cost to a new owner. The OP needs to clarify. I would bet what the dealer is offering is a ESC with that name. Doug

Ok, this is all brand new to me so please bear with me. What does OP and EST stand for? It is a used 2014 Newmar, I will be the second owner, I am purchasing it out right not financing. I'm not total sure what all it does and does not cover, I haven't had the full sales pitch on it yet, (that's why I'm asking for opinions and other people's experience in this matter), just a brief sales yahoo. I am bringing my son and his wife with me so I don't get overwhelmed with the double talk. My biggest concern since I am on my own what do I do when something breaks down. I am no stranger to preventive maintenance and looking for what might be going wrong. But I am not the brights tack in the box, if I can't fix it with duct tape, zip ties or bailing wire I'm dead in the water!

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
At a minimum OP should get a look at any paperwork for what is being offered, read it, then turn it down.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad

Bruce_Brown
We're at almost 20 years of Newmar ownership and never heard of it either.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Had a newmar for more than eleven years and never heard of it.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What does the โ€œNewmar Platinum Insuranceโ€ cover? What does it cost? Are there deductibles?