cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SD Online drivers license renewal

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is there anyone here with a SD residency who has renewed their drivers license thru the new online renewal in SD?
11 REPLIES 11

Barematy
Explorer
Explorer
Better get the one choosing it from that list https://wowpencils.com/fellowes-voyager-125-laminator-review/. That is much easier way cause its not so expensive thing. That is why you dont need to buy anything without licence from black market.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, we already have that gold star and we are within 180 days now, but when I put our license # in on the online renewal check, it just says we are not eligible to renew at this time. Do you have to call if you want to do it early? Ours isn't up to renew until February, and we sure don't want to have to go there in February. We should be eligible as we went in person to get the license and this would be our first renewal.

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
doxiemom11 wrote:
Is there anyone here with a SD residency who has renewed their drivers license thru the new online renewal in SD?

I did last time. no problems, no drama. I have a class A3, which is commercial class A, tank, doubles and triples, car/light truck and motorcycle.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
sddops.gov you may renew online 180 days before or 30 days after expiry
sdcl 32-12-43.1

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
I have a buddy full times with his wife. They have SD plates & licenses and hey must return to SD for renewal.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
MURPHY55347 wrote:
Not sure about SD but Minnesota just implemented on line license renewal. You still have to go in to one of the service centers to have your picture taken and do the eye test.

Just a heads up for those of us that live in states that have the A non-CDL or equal type license . You cannot renew the A on line, anyway not in Tx but a friend that works in DL says it's a Fed thing.. I gotta renew by end of Oct..

DancinCampers
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did. We needed to spend 1 night in SD within 1 year. I got an eye exam at walmart. This was my first renewal. Next one will be in person, unless they change the law.

My wifes was due in 4/17, we called and got an extension to 7/17, when we knew we would be close.
Dan & Sharon (Kasey, Our Yorkie, RIP 9Jan'05-26Jul'17)
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M
2020 Chevy Equinox, Blue Ox Aventa II, Air Force One

If You Obey All The Rules, You Miss All The Fun

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a SD drivers License then you have ALREADY gone thru the list of documents needed and have an enhanced DL

IF eligible a SD drivers License can be renewed on line ONCE every 10 YEARS

SD Renewal requirements
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

MURPHY55347
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about SD but Minnesota just implemented on line license renewal. You still have to go in to one of the service centers to have your picture taken and do the eye test.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m proud of my star!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
how does that work since we all need that "magic" star on our license for proof of citizenship?
bumpy