cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snow Birding Around Clearwater FL After New Years

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am thinking of heading to Clearwater after New Years to spend 2-3 months. Will I have a problem finding somewhere decent to tie down without reservations? I have a health issue that precludes me from making permanent plans right now. Thanks!
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!
3 REPLIES 3

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, it'll be tough. We move around regularly and still have a challenging time finding something.

Move north or inland and you'll find availability.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most likely you will have trouble. Clearwater is near the Gulf and it is just above I-4. The rule of thumb is : south of I-4 and near the coast will drive prices (and difficultly finding a place) up. Also the further south the more expensive.

Maybe north of Clearwater at Crystal River and north you might be successful but I can't really say for sure.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
If you start calling around right now, you might luck into a cancellation someplace. For long term stays, most folks made this winter's reservations before they left last winter. You might make out a little better farther north of I-4...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate