cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toy hauler for kayaks and bicycles

brant_c
Explorer
Explorer
Any one else by us use their toy hauler for kayaks and bicycles instead of motorcycles and side by sides?

I had a guy look in my toy hauler while he drove by and said, "I figured there'd by a Harley in there!"
2015 F250 Platinum 6.7
2006 RPM 23FB Toy Hauler
13 REPLIES 13

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
brant_c wrote:
Any one else by us use their toy hauler for kayaks and bicycles instead of motorcycles and side by sides?

I had a guy look in my toy hauler while he drove by and said, "I figured there'd by a Harley in there!"

Unloading Dirt~Bikes now, loading up beach cursers/bicycles and surfboards.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

twodownzero
Explorer
Explorer
The only large objects I've ever carried in mine were bicycles. I even made a thread about it. The bikes I carry in my toyhauler cost more than the trailer.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Kayaks, Standup paddle boards, dirt bike, Rzr, BBQ, and bikes is what use ours for
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
We don't actually take our RZR on a lot of our trips. The garage area is nice for all our other junk though (junk depends on what trip we are on, sometimes it's a bunch of coolers, sometimes inner tubes/kayak, etc), and our dogs stay in it when they are with us since it's easier to clean than the rest of the camper. They like hanging out on the patio since they can be outside without being tied up.

Our old hauler only had a 9' garage, it would be perfect for someone who just wanted to haul bikes and smaller stuff.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I get two bicycles in there too:

Y-Guy
Kevinwa wrote:
I have actually been thinking of looking for a toyhauler when we upgrade our travel trailer. I want to store my expensive mountain bike and all the kids stuff chairs kayaks etc inside. There used to be toyhaulers with a s,all garage sized for a single quad, I wonder if there are still any around?

I could be wrong, as it changes daily, but I don't think there are any currently being manufactured. Its a pretty small niche market.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Kevinwa
Explorer
Explorer
I have actually been thinking of looking for a toyhauler when we upgrade our travel trailer. I want to store my expensive mountain bike and all the kids stuff chairs kayaks etc inside. There used to be toyhaulers with a s,all garage sized for a single quad, I wonder if there are still any around?

brant_c
Explorer
Explorer
stevemorris wrote:
sometimes i look in the back of our pickup full of lawn chairs, bicycles, bbq etc etc and think a 5 wheel toy hauler would be easier than our travel trailer!

Our first camper was a 1988 Prowler. We had it for 3 years. Our last two campers have been toy haulers (bumper pull) with all the fun stuff we carry.
2015 F250 Platinum 6.7
2006 RPM 23FB Toy Hauler

brant_c
Explorer
Explorer
We have used our toy hauler to move an entire bedroom suite...I forgot about that one.
2015 F250 Platinum 6.7
2006 RPM 23FB Toy Hauler

stevemorris
Explorer
Explorer
sometimes i look in the back of our pickup full of lawn chairs, bicycles, bbq etc etc and think a 5 wheel toy hauler would be easier than our travel trailer!
2017 Ram 1500 4door, 4x4, 5.7 l hemi, 8 speed
2008 KZ Spree 260

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Bedroom for my kids:
https://youtu.be/S7_8KRUhlng
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

2scootn
Explorer
Explorer
We've hauled our scooters, bicycles, wash-tub fire pit, gas bbq from our back deck....nice to be able to just walk up the back ramp, tie down whatever we want to take and go.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen everything from go-Karts to bicycles to boats, kayaks, race buggies, show dogs and cages, to a full wood shop in toy haulers. To be honest I rarely see motorcycles in toy haulers. I do see a lot of side by sides and ATVs though.