cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wally Satelite

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
I just signed up for Wally I have a screen for Wally but I don't know if my Sat is turned on or not I cant find any were to turn it on I have a 2018 Fleetwood Bounder 36H my online manual doesn't say much of anything about this unit everything is trial and error with this thing this is my 4th motorhome its got me beat!

scott
23 REPLIES 23

thelazyl
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same configuration - Wally with Dish Tailgater package - except I use a tripod on the ground instead of the roof. I had an issue with the Dish that their technical support could not handle - they referred me to the Dish manufacturer (King as I recall). In my case the gear that rotates the Dish came out of it's track and I popped it into place. The Dish got tipped over just prior to that.

At what point, specifically, do you get stuck? Are there any error messages?
1. At the "Checking installation" step after Wally starts up?
2. At the "Scanning" step?

In the example above (gear out of it's track) I was stuck on #1. I've had other issues to troubleshoot at step 2.

I agree that DISH support takes a long time. I am glad to share we I've learned if you want.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
sssooo wrote:
I would love to do that but I am not capable to get on the roof and I don't know anyone able to do it for me.

Time to hire a rv dealer at $125 an hour to eff it up for you.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
sssooo wrote:
I would love to do that but I am not capable to get on the roof and I don't know anyone able to do it for me.

Do you see any coax cables that are not hooked up ?
If you do where are they located ?

Ray

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have also never seen a $1,000,000 but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. OK, I forgot they had change the Tailgator style and that this style can be roof mounted. Still, I have never seen one.
Sssooo, you have the owners manual which should walk you through the whole setup. Many folks report that unless a Wally is setup on a home style antenna and the software is allowed to update they are not successful getting a Wally to work with most any dome style antenna.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I can not resist but I am Wally and do not need to coax cable to work!

sssooo wrote:
I just signed up for Wally I have a screen for Wally but I don't know if my Sat is turned on or not I cant find any were to turn it on I have a 2018 Fleetwood Bounder 36H my online manual doesn't say much of anything about this unit everything is trial and error with this thing this is my 4th motorhome its got me beat!

scott
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
Go to WalMart and buy a coax cable long enough to go out a window
to the satellite dome down to the TV this will do a temporary test
of your coax .
Do you have a selector switch in a cabinet near the TV ?
Do you see any unconnected coaxes in the cabinets near the TV ?
If you see any , one of them may be the able to your dome .
Ray

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Still want to know what antenna is up there. There are VERY few (I have never seen one) Tailgators mounted on any RV roof.

Well I just installed one 4 days ago. You need to check your history. Maybe the older ones did not have a roof mount built in. You are correct. Very few Tailgators are mounted on a roof. But, with Wally Receivers and Dish selling Tailgators, maybe OEM's will start using them instead of Winegard. Doug

DC_MC
Explorer II
Explorer II
I’ve seen LOTS of tailgaters mounted on the roof here in Oregon. I think you need to try running a new cable from the Wally out the window and up to the tailgater. This might tell you if it’s a cable problem or not
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Still want to know what antenna is up there. There are VERY few (I have never seen one) Tailgators mounted on any RV roof.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Bill.Satellite wrote:
sssooo wrote:
This is a roof mounted satellite I can’t check the cable ?

The Tailgater is a name brand antenna and is not roof mounted. Are you sure that's what's up on the roof?

Not Correct. The Tailgator IS able to be roof mounted. It has 4 mount holes in the bottom flange. It was originally designed to be free standing. They have a few mounts for this Dome. One is an optional roof rack that you clamp the Tailgator to for roof top mount and you quick release to remove from the roof for ground operation. The best way to test your cable is to run a 50 ft test Coax from your Dish receiver to the LNB 1 connection on the roof top dome. IF it works with the test cable and not with the original cable you need to troubleshoot where the original cable has its problem. Doug

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
sssooo wrote:

The Tailgater is a name brand antenna and is not roof mounted. Are you sure that's what's up on the roof?

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer