cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

outside tv HELP

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
my new to me 2018 bounder 36H I cant get the outside tv door to open I unlock it the lock flips out but it wont open I don't think there is a secret way to open it!!!

HELP scott
4 REPLIES 4

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear you got it open, thanks for the update.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

sssooo
Explorer
Explorer
I got it I think that it was closed for so long that the rubber gasket was stuck to the door my bad
scott thanks all

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Alas there is but it depends on where the lock it.. If the door opens UP and the lock is a TRI-Mark then the latch is at the bottom and you can slide under with a LONG screwdriver and depress the striker bolt.. WARNING It may fall apart when opened so have fun catching.. If it opens to the side you may not be able to do this.

The problem (IF IT IS A TRI_MARK) Note that this is specific to trimark

On the inside of the lock is a bell crank lever (Basiclly a more or less flat metal bar) the handle pushes (Down or to the side) on one end and the other end then pivots UP (or to the other side) pulling the striker bolt.

The screw is loose is option 1
option 2 is the striker bolt broke and needs replacement.

Now.. I know a shop that makes replacements for 45 bucks a pop (Senece Engineering or Seneca Machening. not sure which) Seneca SC) but.. unless the bolt is the same size as mine he does not have a pattern.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
Did you push the button after the latch pops out?