Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Want to add a cig charger inside-ideas?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Want to add a cig charger inside-ideas?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
mhardin

Texas!

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/19 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Both of the trailers I have owned had a 12V cigarette lighter outlet built into the TV antenna booster switch. With luck, you have one too and just overlooked it.

2013 Ford F-350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Box.
2001 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS.
2014 Heartland Elkridge 37 Ultimate.

krobbe

West Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 09/01/19 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I installed a couple of these 12v outlet/charging stations in my bunk room for the kid's electronics. I wired directly to a 12v circuit in the breaker panel as it was nearby.

My CPAP experience:
My nephew used a CPAP on a weekend trip with us. We used a small 12v to 120V inverter to power it. The single battery I had at the time was depleted around 2am. Used the Honda2000 genny all night on the second night. I installed a second battery sometime after that.
If you don't have batteries up to the task, have him bring a fully charged battery pack to run it all night and charge it up during gen hours.

Me'62, DW'67, DS'04, DD'07
'03 Chevy Suburban 2500LT 4WD Vortec8.1L 4L85-E 3.73 CurtClassV
'09 BulletPremier295BHS 33'4" 7200#Loaded 1100#Tongue Equal-i-zerHitch Tires:Kumho857
Pics

ItsyRV

Desert SW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/19 04:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did you ask him if he already has a portable power supply for the machine that he can bring with him?

1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Fisher Bill

Tigard

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/01/19 09:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ItsyRV wrote:

Did you ask him if he already has a portable power supply for the machine that he can bring with him?

Yes and thanks all for the replies, he asked me if I had said power supply and didn't realize that was up there, I went fishing and just got finished with that and read through the thread.

So yes I have a power supply in the front TV area so I'll try and run an extension from that, I do have two batteries so hopefully they get him through the night.

Thanks, Bill

2006 Chevy 3500 Dually 6.6 Duramax Diesel & Allison Transmission
2010 Northshore 28RK by Dutchmen
Our first fifth wheel!!!

larry2c

Southern CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/02/19 03:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DW has a CPAP and if it isn't using a heater (an option on some models) it shouldn't use more than 10-15 amph overnite - at least that's what DW's uses.

Outta my way, we're goin campin!
'18 Salem Cruise Lite 210RBXL
'11 F150 SCREW 4X4

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/03/19 10:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

krobbe wrote:

I installed a couple of these 12v outlet/charging stations in my bunk room for the kid's electronics. I wired directly to a 12v circuit in the breaker panel as it was nearby.

My CPAP experience:
My nephew used a CPAP on a weekend trip with us. We used a small 12v to 120V inverter to power it. The single battery I had at the time was depleted around 2am. Used the Honda2000 genny all night on the second night. I installed a second battery sometime after that.
If you don't have batteries up to the task, have him bring a fully charged battery pack to run it all night and charge it up during gen hours.

My late b-i-l used a CPAP and, one year on our annual family boondocker, I heard him fire up his diesel truck at about 2 AM and let it idle until about 5. Fortunately, =we= were in our FW; the tenters weren't so lucky. [emoticon]

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 6.5' Bed
Banks Bullet Tuner and Monster Exhaust
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 62 Year Member

krobbe

West Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 09/07/19 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fisher Bill wrote:

So the weekend of the 6th, 7th & 8th a few of us guys are going to the Oregon Duck game in Eugene and we'll be in a RV park that is totally dry (basically a parking lot) and we have a generator but those have to turn off by 10.

One of the guys uses a C-pap machine and it can run on 12V, all of my interior outlets are 120V so I'm think of adding some sort of cig style power source so he can run his machine off the batteries at night.

Really curious how the weekend went with the power draw of the CPAP. Hopefully you made it thru the night. I'm not sure if even 2 12v batts would handle it all night. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Want to add a cig charger inside-ideas?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.