cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Storage and Weight in Slide

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 8 foot Lippert Slide mechanism which has two rails which are motor and gear driven. The slide kinda sits down in a hole when out and and when retracted sounds like it rolls across the floor on rollers.

I know your not suppose to sit in your slide when not extended and not to sit in the slid when extending or retracting the slide.

My question is about how much weight should I be concerned about in the storage area in the slide under the seat cushions of the dinette?

The heaviest thing I carry is a case of water on each side of the dinette storage. I estimate each case could weight 40lbs. Other things stored are light weigh like extra bedding that may weigh 15lbs.
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.
4 REPLIES 4

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
I happened to email Keystone a couple years ago with the question of sitting in the slide when closed. They said itโ€™s no problem doing it.

So, take it what itโ€™s worth. Lie to me, lie to you.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
What does the manufacturer recommend?

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Don't worry about it.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
I've owned 6 5er's since 1992 and never had weight cause an issue wjth any of the slides. last one was a triple slide and the kitchen slide housed the TV center, pantry, fridge, microwave and stove/oven.