Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where do Americans list their RV's ?

MudChucker
Explorer
Explorer
Hello neighbors to the south.

Curious what the more popular listing services would be for you folks when listing your RV for sale?
2017 Cougar
2015 Ram 3500 Megacab 6.7 Cummins Aisin transmission
10 REPLIES 10

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
RV Trader worked for me.

Eric_Lisa
Explorer II
Explorer II
scbwr wrote:
Craig's list can also work but the scammers can be a PITA.

"Your RV is exactly what I am looking for. I trust you and I do not need to inspect it. I cannot pick it up, but my bonded agent is ready to take immediate delivery. If you give me your bank information & PIN, I will make a wire transfer upon pick up of the RV."

The best part about this one is you get rid of the old RV and empty your bank account in one simple step. LOL!

-Eric
Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

caver
Nomad
Nomad
Facebook Marketplace is where everyone seems to sell around here. You can see who you are dealing with. I listed a Honda EU2000i recently and thought i would throw it on CL too but it seems a ghost town around here. I had two inquiries on CL and one smelled of a scammer. I had a bunch of inquires on FB and according to their tracker 1400+ people had looked at the ad.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Our present RV was found on rvtrader
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
I buy and sell stuff on Craigslist all the time, but my latest RV was found on rvtrader. I then sold my old RV on craigslist.

I checked all three on the regular (CL, RVT, Rvtrader) as well as a few large dealers nearby that keep their inventory updated online, but not necessarily advertised elsewhere.

Craigslist is difficult to use for nationwide searching. There are some tools, but I don't know of a real good one. You sort of have to poke around different cities. Rvtrader has a good nationwide filter.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

brant_c
Explorer
Explorer
rvtrader.com for us.

but the wife has found just googling gets you to more places...good luck.
2015 F250 Platinum 6.7
2006 RPM 23FB Toy Hauler

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
We have sold lots of stuff on Craigslist including a Pop-up, a Hybrid TT and a SUV. All sales went smoothly. We did get some scam responses, but they are easy to spot. Just remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another vote for rvtrader.com
Be sure to post a good set of photos as well as a complete description and details about how unit was stored when not in use, what service records are available, etc.

Craig's list can also work but the scammers can be a PITA.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Google: Craigslist (all one word). Add the name of the city or county whereyou wish to search.
Example: Craigslist: Los Angeles.
You will find a lengthy list of services and "things" *For Sale* - including cars, trucks, & RVs. Then you can narrow it down by the type of RV. Listings usually include pictures of the RV.

BTW - A Craigslist listing has successfully sold a fishing boat, and a travel trailer for me in record time!
If you are a seller - I suggest using a voice mail (only) phone number with an outgoing message.

Tell callers you will return calls in order received. You can "sort out" the obvious bogus calls, as well as early morning or late night calls.
When item (RV or?) is sold, change message to reflect that fact.

Besides those previously listed - another is Ebay.

~

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Rvt.com, rv trader, Craig's list, and Facebook has a for sale page I have been told.