cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve discovered why there aren’t many 80 year old RV Techs

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I finally finished installing the wiring for the rear lights of the towed up to the round 6 wire socket and for the Invisibrake System. The wiring of the lights was fairly easy, the wiring of the Invisibrake, installing the brake away switch and all the other parts of the brake system was an ordeal.

I came out fairly good bruise and cuts wise but my knees and back are another story.

I tested the brake system this morning and everything worked fine. This coming week end will be the field test. I’m going out to the DD’s place and get the Winnie out of storage. The first phase of testing will be the new 6 conductor umbilical cord and the static test and then a road test and fine tuning the brake system pressure. I sure will be happy to have it all done and behind me.

This is also my farewell post on RV.NET. Goodbye, it’s been a good run for most of the 18 years I‘ve been a member here and I’ll miss a lot of you and few of you a lot. I’ve learned a lot about RV’s and I hope I helped out a few of you…

David
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
11 REPLIES 11

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
There have been entirely too many farewell posts lately. I'm sorry to see that you are joining the Goodbye Team. Over the years, I've learned a lot from your posts. Thank you, and good luck in your future endeavors.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
So if your still RV'ing, why are you leaving the forum?
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't think parting is such sweet sorrow.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Happy trails!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Beat of luck to you. You sound like an amazing person (if you read your farewell wishes, lol).
Rock on!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! I hate to see ya leave but you gotta do what you gotta do. You were one of the first few I remember when getting on this forum way back. Hats off to you and enjoy but sure going to miss your intelligent post as you know knowledge is power. Thank you for your time and enjoy!
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ah. Reason # (I lost count) why I pay Rachel to do things.. 🙂 (She's good at it too).

I got to spend Saturday Morning with her and it did not even COST me anything (Yippie).. Ok so it cost me Sat Morning....

You ask how did that happen? Well she's a Sgt in the county sheriff's reserve unit and there was a major foot race so her unit was doing traffic control.

I'm a radio operator and we provide communication support for the race.

I wound up assigned to the same corner. Not only did it not cost me anything but I got paid a T-Shirt (That's about all I'm allowed to "Earn" for that kind of thing. Federal law)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Now you know why I retired :).
All the best! Will miss your contributions.
-- Chris Bryant

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
You have your own reasons for signing off. But I’ve read many of your posts and have learned from you. Thanks and enjoy the coming days and trips.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Goodby David sad to see you go,have enjoyed all your posts.

I hope that the fire up there a few days ago didn't harm anything.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I never had the pleasure of getting to know you David but I wish you all the best going forward!
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.