Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: I’ve discovered why there aren’t many 80 year old RV Techs
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> I’ve discovered why there aren’t many 80 year old RV Techs

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/28/19 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I finally finished installing the wiring for the rear lights of the towed up to the round 6 wire socket and for the Invisibrake System. The wiring of the lights was fairly easy, the wiring of the Invisibrake, installing the brake away switch and all the other parts of the brake system was an ordeal.

I came out fairly good bruise and cuts wise but my knees and back are another story.

I tested the brake system this morning and everything worked fine. This coming week end will be the field test. I’m going out to the DD’s place and get the Winnie out of storage. The first phase of testing will be the new 6 conductor umbilical cord and the static test and then a road test and fine tuning the brake system pressure. I sure will be happy to have it all done and behind me.

This is also my farewell post on RV.NET. Goodbye, it’s been a good run for most of the 18 years I‘ve been a member here and I’ll miss a lot of you and few of you a lot. I’ve learned a lot about RV’s and I hope I helped out a few of you…

David

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
Back to a 2006 Suzi GV
Roadmaster 5000
Roadmaster Invisibrake

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/28/19 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I never had the pleasure of getting to know you David but I wish you all the best going forward!

If God didn't want us to eat cows, he wouldn't have made them out of Steak and Cheese.

Life is a lot like a baseball pitch. Sometimes you get a fast ball down the middle of the plate and sometimes you get a curve ball in the dirt.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/28/19 01:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Goodby David sad to see you go,have enjoyed all your posts.

I hope that the fire up there a few days ago didn't harm anything.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/28/19 02:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have your own reasons for signing off. But I’ve read many of your posts and have learned from you. Thanks and enjoy the coming days and trips.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004

Chris Bryant

Arden, North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/19 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now you know why I retired [emoticon].
All the best! Will miss your contributions.

-- Chris Bryant
My RV Service Blog
The RV.net Blog

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/19 04:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ah. Reason # (I lost count) why I pay Rachel to do things.. [emoticon] (She's good at it too).

I got to spend Saturday Morning with her and it did not even COST me anything (Yippie).. Ok so it cost me Sat Morning....

You ask how did that happen? Well she's a Sgt in the county sheriff's reserve unit and there was a major foot race so her unit was doing traffic control.

I'm a radio operator and we provide communication support for the race.

I wound up assigned to the same corner. Not only did it not cost me anything but I got paid a T-Shirt (That's about all I'm allowed to "Earn" for that kind of thing. Federal law)

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

lap527

Ocala, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/19 05:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! I hate to see ya leave but you gotta do what you gotta do. You were one of the first few I remember when getting on this forum way back. Hats off to you and enjoy but sure going to miss your intelligent post as you know knowledge is power. Thank you for your time and enjoy!

2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer Hauling 2014 Tri-glide Harley Davidson, recently added a 2016 Livin Lite 21RBS travel trailer. No Wood!No Rot!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/19 11:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beat of luck to you. You sound like an amazing person (if you read your farewell wishes, lol).
Rock on!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/19 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Happy trails!

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/19 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't think parting is such sweet sorrow.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> I’ve discovered why there aren’t many 80 year old RV Techs
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS