Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Trip Report -- WA to Northern BC and Back
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Trip Report -- WA to Northern BC and Back

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
kohldad

Goose Creek, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/28/19 07:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the link to the fantastic trip report. I'll make sure I get it added to the sticky.

1,000 miles / week is what I plan for my trips while I'm still working so know it was quick but very enjoyable.

2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 66,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

emcvay

Moses Lake WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/19 09:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eric&Lisa wrote:

emcvay wrote:

Took me a while to post this here because I had to come up with a new way to host pics...

It's a little more techie than a consumer picture hosting site....but I have been pretty happy using Amazon S3 for hosting pictures for forum posts. It is important to resize pictures and turn down their resolution a bit. That creates smaller file sizes which results is less storage and less transfer fees. Even so, I am on pennies per month to use it.

YMMV,
-Eric

Truth is I have a server and a forum of my own but the gallery software is limited there and I'm not thrilled with using it to host pics like these so today I just made a new directory and dumped them all there [emoticon] Not as organized but easy enough.

2019 F350 Lariat FX4 DRW PS6.7
2019 AF990

emcvay

Moses Lake WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/19 09:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kohldad wrote:

Thanks for the link to the fantastic trip report. I'll make sure I get it added to the sticky.

1,000 miles / week is what I plan for my trips while I'm still working so know it was quick but very enjoyable.

Thanks [emoticon] We usually don't do that many miles but this trip certainly makes us think it's very doable and we'll have to do more of it.

Sadly, our next trip (very soon and another 1200 miles) will be for a funeral service so not with the same happy intent [emoticon]

magic43

Brookhaven, Ms.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/02/19 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow Erik, it's good to meet an "Old Friend" somewhere else along our life's highway. At least we do not have sawdust in our pockets when we are traveling. [emoticon] MM

magic43

emcvay

Moses Lake WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/19 07:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magic43 wrote:

Wow Erik, it's good to meet an "Old Friend" somewhere else along our life's highway. At least we do not have sawdust in our pockets when we are traveling. [emoticon] MM

Howdy MM, well met indeed! Don't mind my share of sawdust, if these darn arms will let it build up [emoticon] But it sure is nice to use the mobile milling office for RV'ing [emoticon]

How's things?

magic43

Brookhaven, Ms.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/02/19 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wide open sawing but a Smokey Mountain trip planned toward the end of October. We will be in the 5th wheel so the TC will have to stay at home this time.

GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/02/19 08:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice trip report. Such beautiful scenery in that part of the continent. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/19 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

emcvay wrote:

[image]
Not sure which lake this is but it's north of the Okanagan and south of Cache Creek. Nice views up here though!

[image]

Looks like Kamloops lake to me.

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

emcvay

Moses Lake WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/03/19 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes that has to be it since we were close to Kamloops

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Trip Report -- WA to Northern BC and Back
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS