cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

fb/cell phone notifications

salem
Explorer
Explorer
When one of my "friends" on FaceBook post something, I will receive a notification via my cell phone. In short, if a friend can't sleep and posts something at 3:00 AM my phone beeps. How do I disable this? DW and I both thank you in advance.:Z
15 REPLIES 15

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
All of my FB postings shows up on my Active Internet server... I always have my inter on and showing main page here on my consoles... When I get a posting from my friends on FB I get a a notification message from facebook over my internet email connection saying "so and so recently posted a status"...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Quit FB it's a plague on humanity anyway...heh

Unfortunately, it's more likely a reflection of humanity. ๐Ÿ˜ž

But, like the OP, I see value in it and just ignore the trolls and ads.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You have 3 options
One .. You phone likely has a sleep mode in this mode it won't beep it won't ring only alarm clocks make noise or selected other apps

You can turn them OFF on the phone under apps. permoissions Notifications or perhaps just notifications

YOu can disable them on face book as well.

I do not have a facebook app on the phone.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you want notifications during waking hours but not at 3 AM, you just go into your phone settings and select the quiet hours. I have mine set from 10PM to 6AM. No beeps or boings while sleeping but the phone would still ring in case I get an important family call.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

salem
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, I don't spend a lot of time on fb. However, I have relatives in other states who post things I'm interested in, such as photos of newborns, who's getting married, who's sick (which seems to be occurring more often the older we get) etc.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Quit FB it's a plague on humanity anyway...heh

X2, delete your account. Plenty of less toxic alternatives out there.

FB is a company that was caught red handed selling out it's users, and then celebrating a FIVE BILLION DOLLAR fine as a cost of doing business.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
salem wrote:
Thanks. I wasn't sure if I had to go to FB notifications, or the phone notifications.
The easiest way is to just put the phone in airplane mode overnight but that blocks all notifications and calls.

To just stop FB notifications on an Android phone, go to Settings, Apps & Notifications, Facebook and then Notifications to turn off FB notifications. As suggested above, I prefer blocking most app notifications as they are usually interrupting.

But for overnight, I prefer airplane mode because that eliminates any overnight disturbance but that doesn't work for everyone.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
While you're in that notifications area, I'd turn off every app I didn't want bothering me. I leave weather on and text messages but very little besides. Probably all of them are allowed by default but it ought to ask during installation.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

salem
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I wasn't sure if I had to go to FB notifications, or the phone notifications.

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
p220sigman wrote:
You should be able to go into the notifications area of your phone and turn off notifications for Facebook.
X2 - Exactly what I did. (Android Samsung S8)
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
You should be able to go into the notifications area of your phone and turn off notifications for Facebook.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
salem wrote:
When one of my "friends" on FaceBook post something, I will receive a notification via my cell phone. In short, if a friend can't sleep and posts something at 3:00 AM my phone beeps. How do I disable this? DW and I both thank you in advance.:Z

if you have an iphone you can set quiet hours. on my iphone 7:

- Settings
- Do Not Disturb
- Scheduled
- Set your quiet hours
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
How will you ever know what they had for supper? Isn't that what Facebook is for?

salem
Explorer
Explorer
But how will I know what my friend's cat had for dinner?