cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're right!

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
At least those of you that have asked where everyone is. There aren't many folks left who are polite and helpful or read the posts they respond to. I'll be around but with less and less involvement in the posts. I'm too old to put up with those who know everything about everything. To Craig and Doug, bless you for you patience, I certainly have lost mine. To the new members, good luck, to the mods, want to know where everyone went, PM me.

Oh yeh, there is a big, really big difference between a S%X bolt and a hex bolt.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
24 REPLIES 24

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
am1958 wrote:
D.E.Bishop wrote:
At least those of you that have asked where everyone is. There aren't many folks left who are polite and helpful or read the posts they respond to. I'll be around but with less and less involvement in the posts. I'm too old to put up with those who know everything about everything. To Craig and Doug, bless you for you patience, I certainly have lost mine. To the new members, good luck, to the mods, want to know where everyone went, PM me.

Oh yeh, there is a big, really big difference between a S%X bolt and a hex bolt.

Having been online since UseNet and other Dial-in forums I can say from experience that anyone who starts a thread to tell everyone that they are "done here" and "no longer participating" is usually from someone who thought they had some sort of relevance and importance in the community that they have now lost. Their post is them flouncing around looking for people to "beg" them to stay and boost their ego...

Try to fade into insignificance with some grace, you"ll feel better about yourself in the end because you will never get the adulation you seek.

Only one thing to say about that .... OUCH!!!

am1958
Explorer
Explorer
D.E.Bishop wrote:

Having been online since UseNet and other Dial-in forums I can say from experience that anyone who starts a thread to tell everyone that they are "done here" and "no longer participating" is usually from someone who thought they had some sort of relevance and importance in the community that they have now lost. Their post is them flouncing around looking for people to "beg" them to stay and boost their ego...

Try to fade into insignificance with some grace, you"ll feel better about yourself in the end because you will never get the adulation you seek.

Eric_Lisa
Explorer II
Explorer II
D.E.Bishop wrote:
...I'm too old to put up with those who know everything about everything....

Yup, I get it. A lot of message threads seem to take a single minded view toward a given topic, often based on the first couple of replies. And woe is anyone who dares offer a contrary point of view, regardless of how polite and on-topic the rebuttal is. Facts & statements that do not support the established narrative shall not be tolerated. And if the debate is being lost, switch to personal attacks to antagonize and frustrate the opposition.

This forum is actually a microcosm of our current national culture. Pick any hot topic in our national news(*), and any point of view contrary to the narrative will be shouted down and silenced.

(*) Note I did not state any national news hot topics, so don't jump on me for any particular positions that I have not stated.

-Eric
Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
I was new once and appreciated the even simplest of posts. Now I just move on if I’m not interested. It’s really that simple.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I think the moderators are trying to improve things. Just yesterday I went to report one of those that regularly bad mouths me and the post was pulled just as I hit the button.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
I must be missing most of the "bad" threads.

I've been here since 2003, today seems the same as 16 years ago. Actually, no, these days the moderation is better and I think there certainly is more civility in these forums.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
ryoung wrote:
The problems of the this forum is that there are quite a few who believe, "If you can't dazzle them with your wisdom, baffle them with your ********".

ryoung

OH yes.. I've had people tell me I can not possibly know some of the stuff I post.. Actually they are right. But I do know how to research and find out the answers in many cases.

In other cases.. Well... yes. I'm not 25 any more, have not been 25 for a lot of years (Several decades in fact) and over that time I've learned stuff.

Like TT-30 outlets are NOT 240 volt. but there is a 240 volt outlet that the plug will fit in (or some folks may have used a TT-30 for 240 volt) and Electricians will often ASSUME.. I also learned how to spell assUme.

(Got lucky or rather one RVer got lucky. I got to his electrician before he wired it wrong and pointed out where it said "125 volts max" right on the outlet)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've been at these forums since the days of usenet groups. Yep, that long.

RV.net has been a mainstay for me, though I'm certainly not a consistent poster or responder.

I really do appreciate good knowledge and wisdom.

I despise those that can't keep their mouths shut (fingers at bay) when they should, but hey, I never (rarely) response to clickbait.

Hang in there, good people! Go away, (bleep!)
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sure and the other popular past time is to be offended at what everyone says.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not gonna let someone miles away on a forum rattle my cage. Lol

Many years and still enjoy it here.

ryoung
Explorer
Explorer
The problems of the this forum is that there are quite a few who believe, "If you can't dazzle them with your wisdom, baffle them with your ********".

ryoung
2018 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel
2019 Wolf Creek 840

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Let me put it this way. There are some questions (not always RV type) where I have typed and stored an answer so I can open file. ctrl-a ctrl-c switch back to the browser and ctrl-v the response..

I mean why type the same thing over and a over an a over again.

But.. that does not mean I get upset.. especially in the "Other places" searching the answer without knowning the terms to use.. Very long process.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

hawkeye-08
Explorer II
Explorer II
agree

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
It’s not the same old question that are the problem.
It’s the same old nitter natter replies that go on for pages and pages that get tiresome and drive people away.