Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: You're right!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> You're right!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/19 04:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At least those of you that have asked where everyone is. There aren't many folks left who are polite and helpful or read the posts they respond to. I'll be around but with less and less involvement in the posts. I'm too old to put up with those who know everything about everything. To Craig and Doug, bless you for you patience, I certainly have lost mine. To the new members, good luck, to the mods, want to know where everyone went, PM me.

Oh yeh, there is a big, really big difference between a S%X bolt and a hex bolt.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
Back to a 2006 Suzi GV
Roadmaster 5000
Roadmaster Invisibrake

larry cad

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/19 06:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been a member for about 13 years. After about 5 years, got tired of the same questions time after time. Used to be about 5-6 pages of new posts every day, and now it's about 2 pages. Maybe others have gotten tired of old questions. But.......every once in a while, there is a semi-interesting discussion that I end up following, and occasionally commenting on. It's similar to driving past an accident in some ways. Or I'm just bored.

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/19 06:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm tired of the snarkiness myself but remain here because I have many whom I consider "friends" and can still offer advice. Yes, the questions that get asked over and over again are because new people continually join. Those are the ones we should stay around for. IMHO more people would stay if the snarkettes of the world would just learn some respect.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/19 07:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There will always be a turnover of people. There will always be a repetition of questions. That is OK. There will always be, in this instant world, those who do not read every word that the OP has posted then respond with what they think the OP said. Not OK. As a do it yourselfer a pet peeve is the responder whose answer is invariably "take it to the dealer". Not helpful at all.

There is a wealth of knowledge here. Since 2007 I have had my share of those who got me through a problem or a source for an item. Really appreciate those people.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

PartyOf Five

Wheaton, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/19 08:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like reading (& often learn from) just the biographies.... hang in there guys. Do it b/c you love it, not as a chore. I roll my eyes when I need to, and respond when I feel I can add value - not much thanks to your collective wisdom. Thanks for the knowledge transfer (KT!)

Da Moose:2001 31' E450. 30k in 3yrs.
PartyOf5: Driver's DW & 3 pre-teens -trying to connect, learn, appreciate creation & the Creator
May you find Peace in all that you endeavor

wrgrs50s

Scurry, Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/19 09:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep, those who think they know it all sure do upset those of us who do....LOL

Although I see a few snarky responses here, it's nothing compared to all the facebook RV forums. Just have to enjoy the posts that we learn from and kinda look the other way on the snarky respondents. They have nothing to feel important about in real life so they use forums and such to fulfill their narcissist impulses.

Walter and Janie Rogers
2012 Sundance 277RL
TV 2006 Silverado 2500 6.0

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 08/27/19 03:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ ok ill bite. where did everyone go?

If it moves and it shouldn't..... duct tape
if it doesn't move and it should.....WD40
if all else fails .....BFH

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 08/27/19 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The forums verify the validity of the quote, Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.

I have received my share of hate, which seems to be the currency of the day on here and social media in general. Like others have mentioned, I am glad that I have been a long time member.

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 08/27/19 07:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jebby14 wrote:

^ ok ill bite. where did everyone go?

To fix something.

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/27/19 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Really, I think there are more helpful posts than not. I quickly leave those I don't like. Just relax and read what you want.

Jayco-noslide

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> You're right!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS