Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Seattle, WA to Moab, Utah
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Seattle, WA to Moab, Utah

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
kknowlton

southeast Idaho, formerly IL/WI border

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/19 10:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Utah has spent a lot of money on I-15 thru the SLC area. It is now 6 lanes in places, and the traffic at afternoon rush hour was traveling 70 MPH in the left two lanes, 60-65 in all other lanes.
Left two lanes are truck thru traffic. I run the second lane from the right, at 65 because the highway improvements start at Ogden south.

Getting thru SLC area is not a problem any more.

Well, not always. If there is an accident or construction (and there is always at least some construction, somewhere in the area), traffic can back up to a stop. There is currently construction around Ogden with narrow, uneven lanes, so not exactly a joy to tow through, but it's manageable. Haven't tried the alternate routes, but I think I would concur that, despite the traffic, I-15 is still the way to go thru the SLC area. But definitely avoid rush hour!!!

I second the mention of Village of Trees. Good RV park, convenient to the interstate (there may still be some construction in that area - haven't been in a while), lots of grass, a welcome change from gravel. [emoticon]

Roy&Lynne

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 09/08/19 09:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like you got a lot of advise. We are heading that way this fall depending on the weather. but plan to take 95 to 395 and then across Nevada on Hwy 50.

Our Road Less Traveled

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Seattle, WA to Moab, Utah
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS