cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Finally got one

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I spent a ton of money several years ago on a very long and heavy set of jumper cables to run from coach to car or the stadium across town.
Someone helped us jump the car this past June with one of the small lithium?battery rechargeable hand held iOnBoostV8 from CW. Theirs was a different brand.
Anyone ne have one; and had to use it before we get too far from town?
8 REPLIES 8

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
I got a Tenergy due to advice from my nerdy HAM/Electrical Engineer/Battery Freak buddy. Lots of slots/adaptors to charge most anything but I haven't had to use it on my vehicles yet.

Remember to charge up any Li battery on a regular basis folks.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I also have a charging line running from the coach through the 9 pin umbilical which wasn't supplying enough amps to do any good. I put an RVi DC-DC charger on the toad and switched the charging line to the house (solar charged) batteries. After I did that, I had one instance of a dead battery, but after turning off the key and letting it sit for a few minutes while I hooked up, the battery charged enough to start the car. I figured out that all my battery issues were because I forgot to turn off the radio screen.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
We have let the battery on our toad die a time or two. Jumped it from chassis battery in coach but this is better, and if the car battery dies somewhere can jump it off with it too.
I have a big heavy battery tire inflator starter/ but the inflator, we came home one day and it was sitting in the garage running. Ruined that part. Still have the coach compressor and long air hose.

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
Some RV's have a switch so you can self-jump by connecting the coach battery to the truck battery. If you have a trailer then this is not possible.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I got one when I started towing a car for a just-in-case. I used it a dozen times when the toad battery went dead on a leg. really glad I got one. The one I have also has USB ports to charge phones.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Viking Lithium jump starter that I bought from Harbor Freight after my neighbor loaned me his to start my V10 Eng, He said it started his eng in his MH. I thought to myself that little thing will not start my V10. I used it and the V10 started right up. I went the next day and bought one. I have used it on my lawn mower, Quads, trucks, cars, etc and it starts all of them no problem. I am not really a fan of Harbor Freight as IMHO most of there stuff is junk
samsontdog:o:W

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
For the smaller hand held ones This one here out performs most of them,I like it for it's small size and 800 amp peak,easy to store,they go in my everyday drivers.

As for the ones like the HF type that was mentioned I have had miserable luck with several brands of them.

I found that Clore Jump n Carry has out lasted and outclassed all the others,commercial tow trucks around here carry these. It goes with me in my RV every trip.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I have two of these from Harbor Freight.Battery pack
I have a third made by Schumacher.
We carry one in our toad most of the time. During the winter, we carry one in each vehicle used.
The Harbor Freight units fits under the passenger seat without any problems. We charge or at least check the charge every month or so.
Harbor Freight has them on special most of the time or you can use there coupon found on line for 20% off. Should be around $40 rather then regular price

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker