cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I think this falls into trailer towing issues

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
From start to finish, IMHO the things done wrong far exceeds the things done right. In spite of that, they got him out with minimal damage.

you tube video
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl
5 REPLIES 5

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Yep an oldie but always worthwhile to repost from time to time for a reminder for newbies and veteran RV'ers.
Looks like Iron Mountain Road in the Black Hills. Very tight switch backs. I've seen 25ft classC's and short 5'ers do it, but that's a huge 5'er and truck. He would've need he entire switchback to make that turn!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, I've seen this video several times. BUT! Now that I have a 5er myself, and no longer a TT, I sure understand how this could happen. This video makes me cringe now.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
That looks like US16A in South Dakota
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Yep....saw it was an old video, but, thought it was worthwhile. There is another video posted where a couple of wreckers where retrieving a 5th wheel rolled-over in a small ravine. The drivers where discussing icy roads. Icy roads is why we always have cables for truck and especially the trailer at all times. Obviously though, itโ€™s best โ€œnotโ€ to drive on icy roads! memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
That has been posted several times over the years. (video dated in 2012) But still good warning to everyone.