cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sink covers on or off

scootsk
Explorer III
Explorer III
What do you do with your sink covers during travel? Leave them on or remove and store?
Don, Kathleen
2014 Ram 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 Dually 6.7 CTD/AISIN
2019 Montana 3791 Fifth Wheel
33 REPLIES 33

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Don't have a sink cover but we stow our range cover when traveling, I don't want it flying around in our B in an accident.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
last camper only had 1. it stayed on the entire time I owned it. other side of the sink was storage for counter top items. current trailer does not have them. they are not missed.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like the look of the long counter with them in. Mine is Corian. I like having more counter space and when I can"t put them on I know it is time to do the dishes.
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
bukhrn wrote:
K Charles wrote:
On the sink when traveling and they have never moved.
X-2

X3
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Off - stored in a cupboard for the rare times needed.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
Ours are in the garage at home. Took them off the first time we used the coach and have never put them back on.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
K Charles wrote:
On the sink when traveling and they have never moved.

X2

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
We used to leave them on. Then one trip over exceptionally rough roads, one bounced out and gouged the floor. Now, DW puts them away.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
We do not have a set in stone method for our sink covers while traveling down the road. Sometimes they are both in, one in one stored at times, or none in occasionally. No matter the configuration they do stay put even when traversing backroads for the perfect boondocking site.

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
We keep them off and stored below the sink in the space provided for them. Similar for our stove top covers. Actually, we rarely use our sink covers. We'll pull one out if we do need a bit more counter space, but our rig has a somewhat usable area for a counter.

Our counter is "Corian", but it's so thin that it can be damaged if not properly cared for. The stove and sink covers are also Corian. The manufacturer has a space under the sink with a strap to secure them when in motion.

We learned our lesson the hard way. One time we left the stove top covers in place and hitting a pothole with just the right speed and lay of the road and sway of the rig, the front stove cover slid off and hit the floor, breaking off a piece of the molded edge. It was mostly fixed and unnoticeable now, but we learned and now store them below.

What we weren't able to fix was the little "dent" it put in the hardwood floor in front of the stove.

Here in the Northeast, there ARE no smooth roads! LOL ๐Ÿ™‚

I suspect those who have DP's with air-ride suspensions aren't subject to the same forces as a normal sprung chassis. We're not in that group, so we store them. ๐Ÿ™‚

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is wood and only covers half of the sink. I believe it's supposed to be a cutting board but I made a real cutting board and the sink cover stays under the bed.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
They just look nice at an RV show. I don't think we've ever put ours in. The portable ice maker sits in the sink when we're traveling.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
They stay on the sink.
Do you have the recessed sink with the Corian ountertops? Those will not move. Or do you have The kind that just sit on the surface mount sink that look like plastic?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
We need the counter space so we put store them on the sinks unless the sinks are in use.

Just a heads up for anyone who uses the sinks for storage space while traveling. Check to make sure the sink is securely mounted well enough to withstand the weight. On ours, the sinks were glued/cemented to the counter and just the weight of the covers cause the small sink to pull away from the counter. Had to reinforce the sinks. Pretty poor design.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"