Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for Dealers in So Cal

BrnEyzR1
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys

Sad to say but we’re seriously thinking of trading our Fifth wheel Toy hauler in.
We want another Fifth wheel or Travel trailer with a separated garage.

Anybody in So Cal who can recommend a dealer?

TIA!!!
9 REPLIES 9

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Blackdiamond wrote:
Dirtclods wrote:
Don't go to Traveland USA in Irvine.
Be hard to do, it doesn't exits anymore. Giant RV used to be in there as well as McMahons and a few others, it was basically a automall for RVs. Irvine company did not renew the lease about 5-6 years ago and they bulldozed it, now just an empty lot.

That's what I thought. I think it's been awhile since Dirtclods bought an RV! Yes, it was an assortment of dealer showrooms, most had other lots elsewhere, like Family and McMahons. Inlaws bought a Wanderer there
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:
Be hard to do, it doesn't exits anymore. Giant RV used to be in there as well as McMahons and a few others, it was basically a automall for RVs. Irvine company did not renew the lease about 5-6 years ago and they bulldozed it, now just an empty lot.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Dirtclods wrote:

is it even there anymore?
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
We were very unhappy with Giant RV. The sales process was ok, but their warranty service couldn't have been more horrible. It took 18 months to wrap up the stuff that was covered under our 12 month warranty. I was so glad to be free from them and able to deal with stuff myself. How sick is it that I was happier to PAY a mobile tech to work on my rig than to take it to Giant for free?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our latest from Dennis Dillon. Salesman was Mike, great guy really. I had my "30% off retail" figure ready and the first offer was better than that. We ordered ours so that might have made a difference, no "flooring" costs.

we had some issues getting it in for warranty but once we got that worked out they turned it around in about 10 days, even with getting parts from FR.

All in all I'm satisfied.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
BrnEyzR1 wrote:
Hey guys

Sad to say but we’re seriously thinking of trading our Fifth wheel Toy hauler in.

TIA!!!

Hey there. Long time no see. It's good to see you back. How is life treating you? I hope you're well.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Braveheart
Explorer
Explorer
BrnEyzR1 wrote:
Hey guys

TIA!!!

October 4th-13th at the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana is "The Worlds Largest RV Show" (Occording to their add) may be a good place to strike up a purchase of your new toyhauler. Depending upon how much effort you are willing to spend - you will get more $$ selling private than dealing with a dealership.
2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ
2005 Fleetwood Gearbox 300FS
2012 RZR 4 800
Fight On!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I got a good deal (compared to other dealers) at La Mesa in San Diego. Took a while, lots of dickering back and forth etc.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad