Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Workamping Forum: Is this forum dead?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Workamping Forum

Open Roads Forum  >  Workamping Forum

 > Is this forum dead?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
DustyR

USA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/25/19 08:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I worked as a workamper for four years. Very enjoyable for me, you just need to know what is expected of you going in.


Coachmen Denali 270FK 32 Ft.
Tow Vehicle: 2008 Silverado 2500 HD
Duramax, Allison Transmission.

crcr

US

Senior Member

Joined: 11/12/2005

View Profile



Posted: 08/25/19 08:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Will someone please tell me how to use social media to replace the functions of forums such as this?

By choice I don't have a fb account, but I use my wife's acct when needed, and for an example, I joined a fb group for Ram Cummins, but I don't find that it is broken down into categories, such as forums do with multiple sub categories and threads, so I didn't find the fb group useful at all.

pnichols

The Other California

Senior Member

Joined: 04/26/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 08/25/19 09:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

crcr wrote:

Will someone please tell me how to use social media to replace the functions of forums such as this?

By choice I don't have a fb account, but I use my wife's acct when needed, and for an example, I joined a fb group for Ram Cummins, but I don't find that it is broken down into categories, such as forums do with multiple sub categories and threads, so I didn't find the fb group useful at all.


Also ... I think that "social media" could benefit from Mods to help reduce some of the stuff going on in them.

Myself and the DW have no social media accounts because of all the baloney talk ... as per what friends tell us about them, what we read about them in magazines, and what we see/hear about them in the news channels. [emoticon]

Well regulated and organized forums are the civilized way to exchange information in the most efficient and helpful ways.


Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

BillyBob Jim

US

Senior Member

Joined: 04/24/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/25/19 10:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eubank wrote:

Forums like this one are a thing of the past. Only us dinosaurs left. The rest are either dead or on other social media.

[emoticon]
Lynn



Not really......The Forest River Forums have over 120000 members and typically over a thousand of those active at a given time. Some of their moderators are also doosies when it comes to being oppressive JKoffs. Quite a few others around just as active also.

This forum is populated by dinosaurs, so you have that correct, and the software used is also from the stone age.

pnichols

The Other California

Senior Member

Joined: 04/26/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 08/26/19 09:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillyBob Jim wrote:

eubank wrote:

Forums like this one are a thing of the past. Only us dinosaurs left. The rest are either dead or on other social media.

[emoticon]
Lynn


Not really......The Forest River Forums have over 120000 members and typically over a thousand of those active at a given time. Some of their moderators are also doosies when it comes to being oppressive JKoffs. Quite a few others around just as active also.

This forum is populated by dinosaurs, so you have that correct, and the software used is also from the stone age.

Well maybe ... but this forum is also populated with a lot of stuff not in social media, such as:

1. Wisdom
2. Experience
3. Level-headedness
4. Civility
5. Calmness
6. Sympathy
7. Politeness
8. Good judgement
9. Patience
10. Lack of four-letter explicatives
11. Etc.

As far as stone age software is concerned ... try surfing some of the websites all over the place that are illogical in their layout, unwieldy to use, overly complex, non-intuitive, take 10 minutes or longer to figure out how to use them to accomplish a 30 second task, and/or just plain don't work ... if you think that this software is from antiquity. This forum software is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the trash stuff out there that has a lot of folks fooled into thinking it's "cool".

I wonder how many of today's 20/30-Something programmers have ever thought of having volunteer user groups (of all ages, including dinosaurs) critique their software beta versions before talking their clueless boses into thinking "gee, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread so go ahead and release it". [emoticon] and [emoticon]

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

Senior Member

Joined: 12/12/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 08/26/19 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:


Well maybe ... but this forum is also populated with a lot of stuff not in social media, such as:

1. Wisdom
2. Experience
3. Level-headedness
4. Civility
5. Calmness
6. Sympathy
7. Politeness
8. Good judgement
9. Patience
10. Lack of four-letter explicatives
11. Etc.

As far as stone age software is concerned ... try surfing some of the websites all over the place that are illogical in their layout, unwieldy to use, overly complex, non-intuitive, take 10 minutes or longer to figure out how to use them to accomplish a 30 second task, and/or just plain don't work ... if you think that this software is from antiquity. This forum software is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the trash stuff out there that has a lot of folks fooled into thinking it's "cool".

I wonder how many of today's 20/30-Something programmers have ever thought of having volunteer user groups (of all ages, including dinosaurs) critique their software beta versions before talking their clueless boses into thinking "gee, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread so go ahead and release it". [emoticon] and [emoticon]


X 100 [image]


2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C


This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Workamping Forum

 > Is this forum dead?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Workamping Forum


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS