Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I need a new dinghy....

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Everyone,

Can anyone recommend a place to look for a used car already set up for towing?

I have searched CL and other classified sites and come up empty.

I am hoping to find someone who is upgrading or getting out of RV travel.

Thank you.

S.
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....
7 REPLIES 7

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
Search Craigslist for'toad'. They show up once in a while.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
Finding one already set up is going to be difficult. If you have a toad that runs well and tows good, few people are going to sell or replace it. Ours doesn't have but 98K miles, runs good, but I may have to get new tires this year. It actually has about as miny towed miles as driven miles.

I understand. I am that way. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I have known a number of folks that don't look at it that way and need something new every few years. That is who I am hoping to find ๐Ÿ™‚
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Finding one already set up is going to be difficult. If you have a toad that runs well and tows good, few people are going to sell or replace it. Ours doesn't have but 98K miles, runs good, but I may have to get new tires this year. It actually has about as miny towed miles as driven miles.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the replies.

I did check with all of the RV parks in the county. The only one that had a bulletin board that they would let me post on is a bit of a..... What is a nice word for "slum"? Don't have high hopes for that one.

I will give the FMCA site a look.

Thanks again.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Some auto dealers have them, just have to ask if they have one already set up for towing. Also FMCA magazine used to have a classified section which listed vehicles set up for towing. Maybe if you have some campgrounds locally, check their bulletin boards.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Too bad you weren't a month earlier, we sold our 07 wrangler, and move up to a 19.
The 07 was plug and tow ready.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Put the word out at your local RV dealers and leave them your contact information. They're the most likely to be aware of anyone upgrading because they'd be selling them the new brackets for their new towed vehicle. Good luck in your search!
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System