Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for 1st Toy Hauler

postal
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all!

I am new to the RV scene and am in search of my first hauler.

I will be living out of this full time just myself and a 90lb lab. With this in mind, I would like to have enough room to be comfortable since it is not just for weekend trips. I will be hauling my 2 seat X3 along with products that I sell and some show display equipment. With this in mind, I would think having the separate garage of at least 14-16ft would keep all that out of the way without having to constantly unload to enjoy the living space.

Trying to keep it below 30k, looking to buy used. If you have any specific models to look for or avoid please chime in!
9 REPLIES 9

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
ljbsvt wrote:
when looking at used units, look for any sort of water leakage from the roof. Any of that can cause you a lot of grief.
If I was to offer one other piece of advise, AVOID any weekend warrior product like the plague.
Good luck with your search - you can tow quite a decent sized toyhauler with that truck.

LOL. I love my Warrior.
Not all of them are bad.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
postal wrote:
I have a 2018 f350 srw platinum diesel for the tow vehicle.

If you want to stay within the tow ratings of your truck, you might be out of luck with a 40'+ toy hauler with slides.
They get heavy real quick.
If you don't care about tow ratings, then your truck will do just fine.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

ljbsvt
Explorer
Explorer
when looking at used units, look for any sort of water leakage from the roof. Any of that can cause you a lot of grief.
If I was to offer one other piece of advise, AVOID any weekend warrior product like the plague.
Good luck with your search - you can tow quite a decent sized toyhauler with that truck.
2011 F-250 6.7 Lariet CC/SB Loaded
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport
2015 Grand Designs Momentum
Pullrite Superglide
2004 KTM 525 MXC - Mine
2006 Polaris Preditor 500 - Her's
2007 Raptor 700R - Mine
2018 Maverick X3 XRS - ours ๐Ÿ™‚
Member ASA, CORVA

postal
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2018 f350 srw platinum diesel for the tow vehicle.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
nayther wrote:
a garage that large will put you into the 40' range.

Which just so happens to be awesome!!! :B

We love our pig of a toy hauler. Sure it's big, but it's comfy.

The Taj Mahauler!
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
nayther wrote:
a garage that large will put you into the 40' range.

Which just so happens to be awesome!!! :B

We love our pig of a toy hauler. Sure it's big, but it's comfy.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
what is your tow vehicle? a garage that large will put you into the 40' range.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

postal
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Hi there. Welcome to the forums. โ€œFor Saleโ€ posts and advertising are a no-no.

Yes, youโ€™ll definitely want a dedicated garage for your x3 and gear. Take a look at the sticky thread for the complete list of toy haulers. Itโ€™s pure gold.

Sorry about that!

I saw the thread, but it only consists of current models with lacking information on older stuff which is what I'd be looking for in the used market.

Really hard to find any sort of list of models that only offer separate garages.

dedmiston
Hi there. Welcome to the forums. โ€œFor Saleโ€ posts and advertising are a no-no.

Yes, youโ€™ll definitely want a dedicated garage for your x3 and gear. Take a look at the sticky thread for the complete list of toy haulers. Itโ€™s pure gold.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230