cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Charging cable????

joelyn
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 12 volt U1 battery strapped down in a battery box mounted to my mobility lift to operate it. When I want to charge the battery I have to take the chain off and untie the strap (which is on pretty good) to open the box and charge the battery. and repeat to strap it on again..
Do they make some type of cable that I can bolt onto the neg and pos terminals and just have the other end hang out of the box. strap up the box and when I need to charge the battery I just have to connect the charger to the cables hanging out of the box.
Make things a lot eaiser.
THANKS AGAIN FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS..
8 REPLIES 8

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Take a clean sheet or paper and a photo of the battery box and the area and design an exterior lug mount and routing. Measure and then find parts store or truck service that will make you a couple of batter cables with crimped on water proof lugs, Might take a bit of a search for the idea items but Tow Truck Drivers and Off Roaders use to make battery cables that ends extended through the grill an inch or so to jump off others or be jumped off, or supply power to electrical items when they camped out. look on line for what is currently available for battery cable ends and rubber covers if you want and design a first class puppy.

joelyn
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone again. I found one that I can use after all the suggestions. Didn't realize it was that simple??
As usual I came to the right place for the answers, thanks again.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
They make many.. There is the FLAT 2 Connector (Any Auto Store) LIke the flat 4 trailer connector but only two polarized pins.

I use a whole bunch of Anderson Power Poles (westmountainradio.com if I am not mistaken as well as hundres of other dealers my last pack was from gigaparts.com)

These are crimped onto 10Ga or smaller wire and let me move radios from ride to ride.. and so on They are Asexual and polarized an be configured as any number of contacts.

There are many other 2-connector options as well
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

belairbrian
Explorer
Explorer
I thingk garym114 is on the right track. If the box has room for it maybe one like this. I added one to our previous 5er to power a maceator pump

Attwood trolling motor connector
TV 2007 Chevy 2500 Long Box Vortec 8.1/Allison or 2016 Tundra Crew Max 5.7L 4x4
2022 Freedom Express 192RBS
Equalizer 4 way WDH, Prodigy 3 BC
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
A cable can be easily made with ring terminals on the battery and some push connects to match the charger.

garym114
Explorer
Explorer
Something like this, for a trolling motor battery

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Attwood-Trolling-Motor-Quick-Connect-14367-6/308145257
2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It

Neil_Citro
Explorer
Explorer
They make battery chargers where the cables unhook and stay with the battery. I have one on my ATV, makes it easy to hook up when I park it for a while. This is just a random link, but I would think anything similar:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VFFBRNP/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_tglyDbEV82KFA
2017 Grand Design Reflection 28BH
2019 Ford F350 SD 6.7L

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
2 conductor brake cable would be a good choice.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker