cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

location of valves on hwh kickdown jacks

lspencer
Explorer
Explorer
hello everyone. I have a 2000 Damon Challenger 330. it has the hwh joystick 210 series leveling system on it. my left rear jack will not retract. it kicks back up when the rest of them do but it will not retract. I have looked in the owners manual and it said to open the valve for it and then pry up the cylinder. I have looked everywhere under the coach and can't seem to find the valve. I think I found the hydraulic fluid reservoir under the coach dead center of the frame but I can't find the valves. the manual also said that the valves are easy to access. has anyone else had this issue and can tell me where the valves and reservoir are located. any help would be great.
12 REPLIES 12

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
lspencer wrote:
sorry for the delayed responce. yes it will retract all the way if you twist it back and fourth. i did it several times and each time it will twist back up.
If that is the case it sounds more like a seal that is sticking preventing the piston from fully retracting.You already cleaned the shaft with WD-40 clean the area were the piston goes into the cylinder with q tips to remove any dirt build up.Try fully extending the jack and spray silicone on shaft and let it dry. One of my jacks does the same thing. The last time I did this was 3 years ago and jack is still retracting. Hope this helps and you don't have to buy a new valve assy.

lspencer
Explorer
Explorer
sorry for the delayed responce. yes it will retract all the way if you twist it back and fourth. i did it several times and each time it will twist back up.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
lspencer wrote:
finally found the fluid resivour and the solinoid. not sure if there is one solinoid for each jack or one for all four. this one that is attatched to the resoviour has several wires coming off of it. but anyway the resivour is right infront of the engine inside the fiberglass front cap. i also liberally soaked all four jacks with wd-40 and they run smoother now but the issue jack still does not fully retract. i put the jacks down for about four days with full weight on them and after spraying and soaking i put them all back in the store possition and like normal the left rear jack kicked up but still has about 5" extended. I also cannot get the resovour cap off its metal and ive twisted and twisted and pushed while twisting and it will not come off just keeps turning.

As we told you, there are NO solenoids for a Joystick jack system. Just the needle valves in the main valve body. Usually when a jack fails to fully retract it is a defective ACTUATOR that is mounted on each jack. The metal cap has a nut under the silver cap you can get a open end wrench on. Doug

part number 2 Actuator kit But you need the correct for your size jack. This is just to let you see where and what it is.

https://www.hwhcorp.com/mr242200.pdf

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you twist the jack foot back and forth will the jack retract?

lspencer
Explorer
Explorer
finally found the fluid resivour and the solinoid. not sure if there is one solinoid for each jack or one for all four. this one that is attatched to the resoviour has several wires coming off of it. but anyway the resivour is right infront of the engine inside the fiberglass front cap. i also liberally soaked all four jacks with wd-40 and they run smoother now but the issue jack still does not fully retract. i put the jacks down for about four days with full weight on them and after spraying and soaking i put them all back in the store possition and like normal the left rear jack kicked up but still has about 5" extended. I also cannot get the resovour cap off its metal and ive twisted and twisted and pushed while twisting and it will not come off just keeps turning.

lspencer
Explorer
Explorer
ok thanks. ill look into ordinering one.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Being almost 20 years old, I would replace the Joystick valve body. I think HWH still sells the individual spring and poppets for each lever. But for a 20 year old system, just get the valve body. Make sure you spray liquid wrench or WD 40 on all 4 jack pivot points. Slight rust will cause swing down and retraction kick up problems. THIS will NOT be a factor on your retract problem, the valve in the valve body is this problem. Doug

PS This jack has an internal leak around the valve body poppet valve, that is why I suggest you replace the complete valve body.
This is the P/n just for the single valve kit. It uses 4
RAP1635
PLUNGER AND GUIDE KIT (FOR RETURN)

https://www.hwhcorp.com/mr551100.html

lspencer
Explorer
Explorer
just went out and looked. the jack retracted on it own and is now only sticking out about an inch. before it was almost fully extended. so not sure what is going on with it. last weekend at the campground when it wouldn't retract the jacks kicked up like normal but this jack kicked up and rested on a frame support since it was fully extended. now its retracted all but that last inch and has went back flush to the bottom like the rest of the jacks. so im at a loss now.

lspencer
Explorer
Explorer
ok thanks. ill take a closer look.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
On yours the joystick is the valve. Just loosen the hose at the jack, but I suspect physical damage, if it kicks up ok.
-- Chris Bryant

MrWizard
I had hwh kick down jacks on an earlier mh, on mine the everything was mounted together , valves, reservoir , and pump, were all in one location. Up front take a closer look at what you found
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
look on the jack, close to where the hoes is connected.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.