cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rindge NH to Jensen Beach Florida

Wandering_Storm
Explorer
Explorer
Just traded my 32 ft Class A and purchased a 2019 40 foot fifth wheel. We have been to Florida and back several times with the Motor coach using the Garden State pkway. I am looking for advice about towing the fifth wheel, trying to avoid New Jersey and that entire hellish part of the trip. I am looking for the most grief free way to get south of Virginia. Hope somebody can help. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
I-91 to I-84. I-84 in Penn has construction, so take US209 to I-80 and hook up with I-81 north of Hazelton. I-81 to Winchester VA then US50/US17 to I-95 just north of Fredricksburg VA. This misses all the NYC/NJ/DC mess and doesn't add significant distance to the trip.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
One reasonable possibility is US202 to I-91 to I-84 to I-81 to I-77 to I-26 to I-95 to...whatever makes sense. I-91 and I-84 are not always a great treat with congestion and construction and so forth (and I suspect you may already be well aware of that), but from then on I think it's quite a nice route. It might look out of the way on paper, but in terms of time spent traveling I don't think it's much if any longer most of the time.