cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I Hate the Heat

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Where do you fulltimers that hate the heat go in the summer? Up in elevation and latitude I get, but anything more specific would be appreciated.

We like the NW coast, MI's UP and high in the Rockies.
39 REPLIES 39

EgorKC
Explorer
Explorer
Door County WI. Stayed for a week in early July about 3 years or so back and it never got above 78. 50-55 in the mornings. Loads to see and do as well.
You cannot stop growing old but you don't have to grow up. ๐Ÿ™‚
Chef/Pilot
DW/Navigator
2 Sons, 1 DIL, 3 Grandsons, 1 Granddaughter. Boz the cat:)
2012 F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke 4X4 SWD Crewcab.
2012 Wildcat 313RE-OK

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
25 Aug, 19 Oak Harbor Wa. It is now 77 degrees clear winds 4 MPH, and will be this way all week.
camp grounds are emptying out school starts in a couple weeks.
Like I said we just stay home.

And OBTW,, where are the political posts?
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are from MI, just spent the summer here again. The weather has been beautiful. Coming back next year. Generally you may have a few hot humid days, but most are very comfortable. Haven't used the A/C much.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
delete

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
CFerguson wrote:
mods, when this thread goes off the rails can you just delete the folks that like to hint at their political agendas instead of locking it up?
Folks, if you want to start a political argument, please start your own thread.

Yes! Mods, please delete the offending posts as I want to know where people go for cool weather (and other interesting info)!

We just returned from Lake Toxaway, NC, last week and we're thinking about going back again in two weeks. It is absolutely beautiful there at 3,100 ft. (Mountain Falls RV Resort).

Highlands, NC, is about 20 miles away and is at 4,100 ft. and a few degrees cooler. They have excellent restaurants, shops, etc. Did I tell you about the weather? ๐Ÿ˜›

While TN (back home) was having 97 degree highs and high humidity, Lake Toxaway was in the mid 80's with lows in the low 60's. In two weeks, the highs will be mid 70's and the low in the 50's (heaven). ๐Ÿ˜„

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
mods, when this thread goes off the rails can you just delete the folks that like to hint at their political agendas instead of locking it up?
Folks, if you want to start a political argument, please start your own thread.

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
High altitude in Colorado such as Rock creek road near Jefferson, or Leadville.

Flagstaff, Arizona.

Mammoth Lakes, Ca.

A disclaimer would be that just because these areas are at Higher altitudes, it does not mean that they do not get hot. They just do not get as hot as the lower elevations around them.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Yours, not your's.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Tom/Barb wrote:
How. do you get political with facts and common sense?
Your post has nothing to do with where to go to escape the heat.

And Your's does?

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:
Your post has nothing to do with where to go to escape the heat.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't you hate that? Truth becomes political! You simply cannot disavow what's going on and it will have an effect on RVers for years to come. That's NOT a political statement but it is a reality check. I started fulltiming in 1997 and it was much easier then. Today, if I can't get into the most Northern States during the Summer I know in advance that I am going to suffer. Personally, I had a GREAT Summer along Eastern Shores of Lake MI. Got called away by business and I have to say that a NJ Summer is much less fun!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
CFerguson wrote:
Tom/Barb wrote:
The earth has been on a warming trend since the last ice age, want proof? we ain't covered with ice.
How hot must it get before the trend reverses and we start to cool? no body knows.
But remember there is vegetation under the polar ice caps.

Please folks, lets don't get political. Theres some good info coming from this thread. Thanks to all of you!

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Vegas is nice this time of the year, were usually around 110 degrees in the shade..

But todays high is going to be cold, only 104..

:C

full_mosey
Explorer
Explorer
CFerguson wrote:
Where do you fulltimers that hate the heat go in the summer? Up in elevation and latitude I get, but anything more specific would be appreciated.

We like the NW coast, MI's UP and high in the Rockies.

Temperature varies by -3F per each 1000ft increase in altitude.

HTH;
John