Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
8 REPLIES 8

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
For anyone to set their own RV on fire, they MUST be mentally unstable. Glad no one was hurt.

I've seen a couple RV fires in the past, one a TT the other a 5er, and yes... they do go up in flames very fast.

I wonder how the aluminum framed and Styrofoam filled wall campers do when a fire breaks out?

(For anyone to set their own RV on fire), โ€˜they MUST be mentally unstableโ€™.

Sadly, it seems like thereโ€™s an awful lot of that going around...

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Caribou is Fleetwood model, but might be more.
I've seen several RV after fire dropped off at junk yard and usually they are not taller than 3 ft from the ground.
That is why I never drove with propane on in motorhomes, where propane tubings would run on top of fender liner, so any flat tire can easy end with totaling it.
TC might have safer propane piping, but think about it
- styrofoam insulation.
-wood paneling walls
-wood furniture
-nylon carpeting, or vinyl floor.
This all burns very well and even if you have aluminium siding, that is going to melt open.
Fiberglass will smolder.

Eric_Lisa
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yup, in line with the 'Keep Portland Weird' mantra. Big issue with Zombie RV's that roam around here and there. We even had a few turn up in our area out in the sticks with cardboard covered windows and bungie cords holding the door shut. Most of them need exactly what transpired - five gallons of gas & a match. They look unsafe to be on the road, and if exterior represents interior, they are likely unsafe to even live in (mold, rot, etc).

-Eric
Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
Would have been cooler if it was an old Fireball
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
And that, kids, is why you donโ€™t doo drugs!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Was probably rotten any. Looks to be an old Lance maybe?
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
For anyone to set their own RV on fire, they MUST be mentally unstable. Glad no one was hurt.

I've seen a couple RV fires in the past, one a TT the other a 5er, and yes... they do go up in flames very fast.

I wonder how the aluminum framed and Styrofoam filled wall campers do when a fire breaks out?